I looked over at Calum, who was still looking at me. His mouth was slightly parted, and his dark eyes bored into mine. It was making me feel even more uncomfortable, so I quickly looked away.

"Playing tough? Would you not even feel nervous if I kissed you?" he asked me.

__________________________

Luke's POV:

I was so happy that I could go back to school soon. After talking to Calum and Michael the other day, they've been talking to me quite a lot since. I'm not completely keen on Calum yet, but me and Michael are as good friends as ever. We were out at the minute, doing exactly what we usually did when we all met up; walking around doing nothing.

"Cigarette?" Michael asked me after pulling one out and lighting it for himself. I chewed on my lip, debating whether to or not.

"Yeah, okay." I finally replied. He handed me a cigarette and I put it into my mouth, holding it between my teeth. It was windy today, making it hard to light it. I cupped my hands around it, and eventually it lit the cigarette. I handed the lighter back to Michael and took a long drag of it, blowing a cloud of smoke back out.

I hate that I started smoking because I thought it would be cool at the time. I didn't think that it would be that hard to quit, but Michael and Calum smoked a lot and it made me want to smoke with them. It was all my choice, and I know how bad it is for my body, but I can't stop it. There's something about it that makes me feel so much better and relaxed.

We walked to nowhere, smoking our cigarettes in silence. When I didn't want anymore, I flicked it in front of me and watched it fall to the floor before stepping on it. Michael still had his, and he was smoking it right down to the point where there was nothing left to smoke.

"Have you spoken to Caitlyn?" Michael asked me, throwing out the cigarette finally.

"No. Why would you ask?" I asked him in response. Michael never spoke about Caitlyn; I found it quite weird how he randomly spoke about her.

"No reason." Michael told me, shrugging his shoulders. He shoved his hands into his pockets, looking down and bringing his shoulders up slightly. It was freezing outside, and the dumb fuck didn't have a coat on. Instead, he was wearing a short sleeved shirt.

"You're so fucking stupid. You do know that it's winter don't you?" I asked him, telling him exactly what I was thinking.

"Sorry mum, I don't need a lecture on the weather." Michael replied, rolling his eyes slightly.

As we continued to walk, our conversations quite brief, I started thinking more about Caitlyn. Michael said that Calum had to go home after school and that he wasn't coming out with us, and then he brought up Caitlyn. The more I thought about it, I started to wonder about that stupid project they've been paired together with.

"Why did you ask about Caitlyn again?" I asked him. I was hoping that he would tell me so that it would be easier. Either way I was going to their house.

"I told you, I don't know. Just making conversation." Michael replied again, shrugging his shoulders again.

"I know that she's with Calum." I told him. I didn't know for sure, but by the look on his face I could tell straight away. I was pissed off at Michael for trying to distract me or something, and then not telling me that Caitlyn was with Calum in the first place.

I was glad that I had brought my car, and I quickly made my way back towards it, jumping into the front seat. I couldn't see Michael anywhere, so I started the engine and drove towards their house, leaving Michael alone.