Chapter 6

Cailyn's POV:

2 weeks later

It had been two weeks since I was told I had to tutor Luke. In these two weeks, Luke hadn't made any effort to arrange a day for tuoring, so I haven't either. All of the anxiety I was feeling about having to tutor Luke seems kind of funny if I think about it now. I mean, did I really think he was going to actually bother with the tutoring? The detention went pretty bad, Luke, Calum and Michael were all there, laughing at the fact that I was in detention, throwing things and saying things to me. To make things even worse, they sat right behind me, too.

The door of my english class opening broke me from my thoughts, and I lifted my head up to look at the door.

"Yes?" my teacher, Mrs Baker, said to the girl who came into our class.

"Erm, front office wants, Caitlyn Waters?" she said.

Me? Why did front office want to talk to me? I couldn't of done anything, I never do. I looked over at my teacher who nodded her head at the door, and then I stood up and walked to the door. The girl who walked into our class had already left, she was right at the other end of the corridor. My feet moving fast, I made my way to front office.

My thoughts were still wondering why I could have possibly been called to front office, but when I knocked on the door and Mr Smith answered and told me to come in, I knew something of what it would be about.

"Hi Caitlyn. I've just called you in about the tutoring. It probably isn't your fault, or maybe you've been busy, but Luke needs to improve so that he can do well on his exams." Mr Smith told me.

"I know, it's just that Luke and I never really talk, so I'm finding it hard to arrange-" I was cut off by someone walking up behind me.

"Ah Luke, here you are. Okay, lets come into the office and talk in here, yes?" Mr Smith asked, and walked straight into the office. My heart was pounding now, I would definitely have to tutor Luke at this rate.

Luke sat in one of the chairs, his legs spread out, his back slouched. I sat in the seat next to him, with Mr Smith infront of us.

"Okay, so I understand the whole tutoring thing hasn't happened yet?" Mr Smith asked us.

Luke rolled his eyes and looked at the wall, while I just sat there and nodded my head.

"So, Luke, you do know that if you want to do well on your maths exam, you need a little help, right? Thats why we've given you a tutor, Caitlyn can help you out in your maths." he told Luke.

"Who said I gave a shit about doing well?" Luke mumbled.

I just sat there playing with my hands while they had this half discussion, half argument.

"Well if thats the way you're going to act, then you might as well walk into that exam and fail. But do remember, if you do that, then theres not a very good chance that you'll get into a good university or college, and then you won't get a very good job. Do you want to be living with your parents begging them for money all your life?" Mr Smith asked him.

"Thats not even funny." Luke said bluntly, moving one hand to hold his knee while the other arm was leaning on the chair with his head leaning on his hand.

"I never said it was, what I'm saying is that I think it's a good idea for you to go to tutorings. Which is why every other day after school, for an hour and a half, you and Caitlyn will go to the library and she will help you out in maths." he told us.

Luke sighed and shook his head, as if saying no, while I just sat there, not saying anything.

"It starts today. I'll be in there for the first 5 minutes to make sure you actually turn up, and then I'll be in and out of the library to make sure you're still there." he informed us.