found out i'm the daughter of country music stars...now what?

(A/N So this story just kinda popped into my head during math class one day so I wrote it down out of sheer boredom, please don't leave rude or nasty comments. I know it's a little weird and whatever but please be nice. Love, ~Rosalie332~)

                                                                           Demetri's POV

I looked around trying to make what I was hearing make sense, my head spun my heart pounded, I could feel my fathers eyes on my back and my mothers arms out stretched to catch me should I faint. They knew me to well, but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of watching this all cru,ble down around me. I tried to speak but it came out as nothing more then a whisper "I-I'm adopted?" I knew they heard me because I could hear my fathers footsteps toward me and saw mt mothers face darken. My mother was first to speak, "yes Demetria your adotped" I collapsed to the floor in tears, how could they lie to me all these years?

I'm thirteen and I've never once seen my real mother...what happens now? Suddenly I had a million questions they all seemed to be spilling out of my mouth at once. "Where was I born, is Demetria my real name, didn't my mother love me, why am I adopted, why can't I be with her, can I see her, talk to her at the very least have a picture of her?" Then the one most important question that I hadn't meant to ask plipped out. "Who is she?" My mother sighed then slowly started to answer each and everyone of my scatterbrained questions. "Texas...Lindale to be exact, No Demetria isn't your birth name, yes I'm sure she loved you a lot, I don't know exactly why your adopted, you can choose to be with her when your older, or she can choose to come get you. You can see her whenever we feel is best, you have an open adoption so yes you can talk to her, here's her number."

I grabbed the piece of paper and the closest cell phone locked myself in my room and called her. I hadn't realized I had my moms phone so when she answered I was a little confused. "Teresa? How's umm...Demetria?"  Her voice was heaven, I couldn't help but think I'd heard it somewhere before. "Uhh, this isn't Teresa....this is Demetria...Hi" The silence only lasted a second before I heard her muffled crying and choked voice. "No sweetie not Demetria...Adrian." I laughed "You mean like Adrian from secret life? Cause I love that show!" She laughed "Sure sweetie, like that." I smiled then my favorite song came on the radio I put the phone on speaker. "Mom listen!"

I know they say you can't go home again

I just had to come back one last time

Ma'am I know you don't know me from Adam

But these handprints on the front steps are mine

Up those stairs in that little back bedroom

Is where I did my homework and I learned to play guitar

I bet you didn't know under that live oak

My favorite dog is buried in the yard

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it

This brokenness inside me might start healing

Out here it's like I'm someone else

I thought that maybe I could find myself

If I could just come in I swear I'll leave

Won't take nothing but a memory

From the house that built me

Mama cut out pictures of houses for you

From Better Homes and Gardens magazine

Plans were drawn and concrete poured