Chapter 23

I opened my puffy eyes. I laid in the bed as a recollection of my memories began to flood my mind. After sometime, I decided to get up. I walked over to the bathroom, catching a glimpse of my body before I went pee. I tried to ignore the words in my head telling me to look in the mirror.

When I finally looked up, I didn't even recognize the person looking back at me. My face was covered in bruises. Red swelling around my eyes. Purple marks across my cheeks and jawline, the rest of my face was yellow, as bruises start to form. I began opening drawers looking for any makeup to cover any proof of injury, but there was none.

I looked back in the mirror. I wore long sleeves and pants, the rest of my body hidden. I turned around, looking at the shower. Taking deep scruffy breaths as I took off my clothes.

I closed my eyes as I turned back around to the mirror. I opened them to see my completely nude body. My eyes scanning over every inch, taking in the marks and bruises left. It looked like every part of my body was beat up, seeing no skin that wasn't purple, red, yellow or even a deep shade of pink.

I began to cry, the cry soon turned into sobs. I wept over the little dignity left in me. I wept over the tender pain in my body. I wept over the happiness I can't seem to keep or have.

I laid on the icy bathroom floor, numbing the back of my body. Tears flooding out of my eyes. When I got up, I forced myself to take a shower.

I turned it to the hottest temperature, hoping it'd burn off any trace of him. As steam began to cloud the shower and the mirror, my body couldn't feel the heat. It couldn't feel anything. I was numb.

The rest was a blur. I felt myself physically leave my body and instead I watched myself. I watched as I winced putting on new clothes, it touching my open wounds. I watched as I tried to brush the tangles out of my hair, tears slowing falling down my face. I watched as I sat down on the edge of the bed, unable to move. It seemed like my consciousness returned when I felt my stomach rumble with hunger. I smelt food from outside.

I pushed myself to finally leave the empty room and go out to where everyone else was. I heard soft voices and laughter coming from the tv when I opened the door. It became silent when I entered the open apartment.

I looked up to see Jo, William and Timmy setting up the table, and Louis and Alex sitting on the couch watching the tv. They all paused to look at me.

Alex stood up, turning off the tv as I made my way towards the kitchen. I quietly washed my hands and made it to the dining table. Aware of their eyes following my every move, the air thick with edginess.

Jo grabbed my plate, starting to put food, but I took it back. "I got it." I whispered as I grabbed little amounts of food.

When I took a bite, I felt Jo clear her throat. "C'mon let's eat."

No one spoke throughout dinner. Tension hung in the air. Everyone was too scared to even make a sound. The only sounds being the chewing of their food and the clattering of their utensils.

Uncomfortable with the silence, I finished quickly, as I only ate a little bit. I quickly put my plate into the sink, making my way back to the bedroom. Thanking Jo along the way.

I laid down in bed, facing the French doors that led to the balcony. I checked the time, 8:19 pm., the moon shone brightly in the sky. I watched as the breeze flew through the open doors, letting in some air to the room. Watching the stars shine next to the full moon.

After some staring, I began to make my way out of bed and onto the balcony. I hunched over the rails for support as I heard the sounds of traffic throughout L.A. I stood out in the cold, watching people below, making conversations with one another, or one making its way into an Uber. Some entering the building, some leaving. Though the city was hectic even at night, I found it calming.

Soon enough I heard loud voices from inside the apartment. I went over to the door and opened it to see Louis and William standing in front of the tv, arguing. Alex, Jo and Timmy nowhere in sight.

"It wasn't her fault Louis, don't blame her!" I saw William yell at Louis's face.

"She shouldn't have brought him home!" Louis argued back. I slowly walked towards them, they haven't yet noticed me.

"What...what's happening, why are you guys fighting?" I asked the two, they looked over at me, shocked.

No one spoke.

"Why are you guys fighting?" I asked once more.

Louis looked to William, before coming closer to me. I stepped back.

"Why, why did you bring him home Ami?" Louis questioned.

I looked at him, unable to provide an answer.

He wanted to know, but I don't even know why I brought him home. "Why did you bring him home if you KNEW he was dangerous?" Louis raised his voice as he stepped closer to me. I tried to step back, scared, but my back was already against the wall.

It sounded like Louis was blaming me. Blaming me for choices I had no control over. That pissed me off. How dare he blame me for something I didn't do to myself. It wasn't an option I provided for Dylan to hurt me. To abuse me. Did Louis see me like that? Does William see me like that? Everyone else in this apartment, Alex, Timmy and Jo?

The embarrassment was unbearable. To know they saw me as a weak child who couldn't fight back.

Louis blaming me for Dylan was heartbreaking. The agony spreading throughout my body. I looked up at Louis who looked back with a look of expectancy on his face.

I didn't have the courage to reply. Instead my brain told me to do something else. I didn't hesitate. I slapped him.

He held the side of his face with shock. The front door opened as Alex, Jo and Timmy walked in. They saw everything. They all looked at me with confusion. I, myself, was confused. Why did I slap him?

"What the hell Azami?" Louis spat out.

I looked back at him. "I hate you." I responded lowly.

Turning back around, I slammed the bedroom door behind me.

A/N

um yeah.

- jules