Chapter 11

The past two days flew by in a blur. I managed to pack everything back into boxes in under 2 days. Lucky me.

On the Friday before I leave, Mr. and Mrs. Williams threw me a mini party during lunch. It was very sweet, they brought cake, food and they even got me presents. Mrs. Williams gave me a new book to write in because my old one was almost done and it was pretty ruined at this point. Mr. Williams also gave me a copy of the To All the Boy's I've Loved Before Trilogy. I almost cried. We made our toasts and proceeded with the party. Mrs. Williams brought wine, I didn't drink any because I don't like the taste of it, but they drank it and by the end of the party, they started to cry hysterically. All because I was leaving. Before I left school, they promised me that they'll visit me during holidays and gave me the most comforting hugs. I cried on my way home.

After school on Friday, a van that was gonna deliver all my boxes to L.A. was here, so my dad and I silently packed it up, no conversation brewing. It was so awkward. My parents also cooked food for a "Before Ami Leaves" dinner. That was also awkward. Even though the party was meant for me, it seemed like they were avoiding me altogether. They asked my brothers how was school and practice and if they needed help with any of their homework. All they asked me was if I made sure I got everything packed out of me room. Turns out they're giving my room to my other brother, so that's great.

Now, I'm at the airport getting my carry-ons out of my car. They were dropping me off 4 hours before my flight because the boys had practice and my parents didn't want to be late for that. Totally felt the love there. I made my way beside the car with my carry-ons noticing nobody came out of the car, but me.

"Uh, ok well bye guys, love you!" I awkwardly said.

"Love you Ami, please be safe. And make sure to let us know when you land. You also have your card and we'll make sure to put money on there every now and so." My mom called out.

I said okay and started walking towards the entrance, I turned around hoping to see my parents still in the lot, but they were gone.

I walked in anyways, luckily the airport wasn't too busy as it was only 8 and my flight was in the afternoon. I was waiting in line to check in and get my ticket, when I saw people running through a crowd. I turned around to see a red face Mr. Williams and an out-of-breath Mrs. Williams. I looked at them in shock. Mrs. Williams had her arm on Mr. Williams back as he was bending down trying to catch his breath.

"What?....What are you guys doing here??" I asked the two.

Mr. Williams was able to speak, "We um, came by your house because we forgot to take a picture with you, but you weren't home and your neighbor said she saw you leave your house already so we rushed here thinking you were gonna take off already." My heart melted. Although us three barely knew each other for 2 months, we grew very fond of each other. They felt like my second parents and I'm extremely thankful for them.

"Well I have 4 more hours till my flight so I'm pretty early." I replied, they were already standing up straight looking around.

"Wait where's your family?" Mrs. Williams asked. I looked down.

"They just dropped me off, the boys had practice and they didn't want to miss it." I muttered. I felt arms go around my shoulder. I looked up at them, they smiled at me.

"Don't worry, we'll stay with you till you get on that flight."

So there I was, walking around the airport with my old history and English teacher, we managed to explore the entire airport before we decided to wait at the gate. We still had two hours left till my flight.