Chapter 26- Breakfast Talk

Bella's P.O.V.

A loud snore woke me up the next morning, I scrubbed my hands down my face before I looked around my living room and found the culprit sleeping in the lazy boy recliner; I sighed and shook my head, I walked over and laid the afghan over Justin before making my way to the bathroom for a shower. Fifteen minutes later dressed in a loose dark blue shirt that was tied at the back and sweats that hung low on my hips I walked into the living room to see Justin still sleeping only in a different position, I smiled before making my way to the kitchen to start on breakfast. I wasn't sure what Justin liked or ate for breakfast unlike Taylor, so I just decided to make my favorite meal; scrambled eggs with bacon, toast, breakfast sausage and hash browns.

25 Minutes later...

I had just laid a piece of bacon on top of the others when a hand reached and snagged a piece, I gasped then looked to my right before breathing a sigh of relief. "Justin Drew Bieber! You scared the crap outta me!" I scolded him, he smiled while he ate the piece of bacon.

"Sorry, what's for breakfast?" He asked, I sighed and tucked a piece of hair that managed to escape my ponytail.

"I wasn't really sure what you liked to eat for breakfast so I'm making my signature breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, breakfast sausage and hash browns." I told him, he popped the last bite of bacon in his mouth as he looked around the kitchen.

"Do you want some help?" He asked, I looked at him as I got the sausage out of the fridge.

"You cook?" I asked, he only shrugged.

"Yeah, I know how to do simple stuff. Breakfast doesn't sound too difficult." He replied, I smiled.

"Okay, if you cook the eggs and hash browns I'll do the rest."

"Alright."

For the next twenty minutes we worked side by side, we talked when we weren't concentrating on burning the food or worst the whole kitchen; at first we made small talk, then we talked about ourselves. I found out a lot of stuff about Justin I probably wouldn't find out on the internet, and him me.

"So wait, you've been to how many schools?" He asked as we sat down to eat.

"Like six my whole life, but when I went to Davis middle school in Hillsdale in the seventh grade I stayed there and went on to high school. I graduated from there and I wanted to go to college but it never happened."

"How come?" Justin asked as he stabbed a sausage and took a bite, I swallowed the mouthful of eggs before answering.

"Um, a few reasons actually. One of them at the time was money, tuition costs a lot. Uhm, another reason was I was still recovering from my mother's death at the time. Another reason was I was on probation, my probation officer wanted me to get through that before I started college." I paused to take a sip of coffee, Justin rested his elbows on the table and rested his fists under his chin.

"What were you on probation for?" He asked, I stopped a forkful of hash browns mid air then looked at him; I looked down and swallowed hard before looking back at Justin.

"Uh, that's a story for another time. Let's just say it happened in New York and leave it at that for now." Justin looked like he wanted a better answer than that but he left it for now.

"So what happened after probation?" He finished his eggs and pushed his empty plate to the side, I did the same and wrapped my hands around my coffee mug.

"Um, well Alexis and I took a road trip to San Jose California. Originally we were gonna go there so I could meet my boyfriend at the time Michael, but when we broke up I didn't want to go anymore. But as time went on I changed my mind and still wanted to go, at first Alexis wasn't so sure about it but we really had fun. We stayed at my sister's place, we stayed there for about two weeks." I took a gulp of the luke warm coffee only to avoid telling Justin why we both went home.

"But you decided to go home, right?" He asked, I grimaced and shrugged.

"Not.. exactly." I confessed, he furrowed his eyebrow and cocked his head.

"What happened?"

"Long story short, Lex and I went shopping when we came back I went looking for my sister." A shuddered breath came out as a lone tear trailed down my face. "I found her in her closet, hanging by a rope." I took a sip of coffee, Justin came and gave me a hug.

"Man, death just won't leave your family alone. I'm so sorry, Bella." He brought his chair closer to sit by me, I sniffled and wiped the tears from my face and eyes.

"It's okay, I wasn't really close to my sister-"

"That doesn't mean it didn't hurt, so is that why you went home?" He asked, I sniffed and nodded.

"Yeah, my brother came home from the army and he helped me plan her funeral. A lot of people attended, she was a really loved person."

"I bet she was, is that why you never attended college?" He asked, I shrugged.

"Yeah I guess, a couple months after the funeral I started writing again. I finished my story, Love at First Sight... It Happens. Lex encourage me to find a publisher, when I did it felt like everything was a blur after that. The book tour lasted about six months, then I get a call from Stephenie Meyer. It turns out, she bought and read my book. She loved it, she was talking with the director of The Twilight Saga and they both thought it'd be really cool to make it into a movie. They gave me time to think about it, and I did... for like a second. That's about the same time Lex got offered to make her movie too. Next thing I know we've moved to Hollywood."

"Wow, pretty crazy huh?"

"Yeah, I never thought I'd get here in all my life. It's like a dream come true."

"Really?"

"No, not at all." We laughed for a moment before I continued. "But, my biggest dream is sort of like yours. I've always wanted to become a singer."

"Why didn't you ever make it happen?" I shrugged.

"So many people told me I was a small town girl, said I would never make it in a big city. I just started to believe them I guess."

"If you believe you can do it, then you can Bella. Ever heard the saying, you can do anything if you put your mind to it?" I smiled and finished my coffee.

"Yeah, I just never thought... I guess I was busy getting my life on track is all."

"After this whole Lane mess is done and over with and you finish your movie and stuff do you think you'll try it?" He asked, I thought about it for a moment. Can I do it? I mean it wouldn't hurt to try, right? Post a video of me singing one of my own songs on YouTube and take it from there right?

"Yeah, maybe I will." I looked at Justin and smiled, he smiled back and nodded.

"Good and I'll help any way I can if you want." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Justin." I looked at the table then the kitchen. "C'mon let's clean up so you can go to Lexi's, I know you want to." He looked at me then sighed.

"Okay, let's get started."

_____________________________________

Copyright © BellaBaker1023 ღ