The seige of the north part 2

Start from the beginning

"Zhao! Don't." Aang says and we drop our stances.

"It's my destiny. To destroy the moon, and the Water Tribe." Zhao preaches.

"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the water tribe." Aang says "it will hurt you too. Everything will fall out of balance, you have no idea what kind of chaos this will unleash!" He tries to reason with the admiral.

"He is right Zhao!" Iroh says from the corner.

"General Iroh. Why am I not surprised to discover your treachery?" Zhao says.

"I'm no traitor Zhao.the fire nation needs the moon too. We all depend on the balance." Iroh says. "Whatever you do to that spirit, I will unleash on you ten fold! Let it go now!" He demands.

Zhao kneels down and puts the fish back in the water before a look of pure anger overcomes his face. Before anyone can react Zhao slashes the water with a fire blast and we all look at him in shock.

The whole world turns darks and Iroh begins to pump fire blasts at Zhao's soliders. We walk towards the dead fish and sit down on our knees.

Iroh picks up the fish. "There is no hope now, it's over." Yue cries into Sokka.

"No. It's not over." Aang enters the avatar state and I start to wheeze. Katara comes over to me and tries to calm me down as I desperately try not to enter something similar to the avatar state, the legend state. I regain my cool and see Aang sink into the water before it turns bright blue.

The ocean flows upwards and forms a shape similar to that of the koi fish, Aang inside a ball of ice in the heart of the beast. It's arms raise and he walks down the hill that is the North Pole, taking out fire nation troops as he goes.

Iroh puts the fish back in the water. "It's too late, it's gone." Katara says.

We all look down sorrowfully. Iroh looks up at Yue. "You have been touched by the moon spirit, some of it's life is in you." He says.

"Yes, you're right. The moon spirit gave me life, maybe I can give it back." Yue says and she walks over to Iroh

"No! You don't have to do that!" Sokka grabs her hand.

"It's my duty Sokka." Yue says

"I won't let you! Your father told me to protect you." Sokka insists

"I have to do this." Yue breaks free from Sokka's grasp and stands next to Iroh.

She puts her hands over the fish's body and it begins to glow. She closes her eyes. She falls into Sokka's arms.

"No!" I shout and grab her body from Sokka, pulling her close to me as tears seep out my eyelids. "She's gone. She's gone." Sokka says.
I sob and sob holding onto her body.

"I've never had a friendship quite like my one with you." I say to her body. "Even though I knew this was coming, I'm going to miss you." I sob again, tears flowing freely. "How could I have let myself loose another person."

Her body vanishes and the moon spirit begins to glow. Iroh places it into the water and it starts swimming around in the pond. The pool lights up and her spirit appears infront of me.

"I'm going to miss you too." She says to me. "I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time with you, I've never had a friend like you." She floats down and hugs me. "Don't cry, and thank you."

"For what?"

"For giving me the experience of having a true friend." She floats over to Sokka.

"Goodbye Sokka, I will always be with you." She kisses him and fades into the darkness. "You too Aya.." I hear her voice say even when she's gone.
The moon lights up again in the sky.

________________________________

"I've decided to go to the South Pole. Some other benders and healers have decided to join me there." Pakku says to Katara and I.

"What about Aang? He still needs to master water bending." Katara says.

"He has you two, I'm sure he'll be fine." Pakku's says.

Katara and I walk over to Aang. We stand behind him before we all join into a hug.

"You too Momo!" I say to the lemur.

"Come here!"Aang says.

Sokka joins us and we all look out at the horizon.

"I'm going to miss you Yue..." I say to no one.

"It's ok, she'll always be watching over us." Aang surprises me by responding.

"Yeah..."

Aang squeezes me tight and let's me cry into his shoulder. "Thank you Aang." I say to him

"For what?" He asks

"For always being there for me I guess. You helped me that night when I was sad and now you're helping me again. Thank you." I tell him.

"You're welcome." He replies.