The northern air temple.

"So fellow travelers, next time you hear a large bird talking, take a closer look. It might not be a giant parrot but a flying man. A member of a secret group of air walkers, who laugh at gravity. And laugh at those bound to the earth by it." A traveler tells us whilst we sit around a campfire.

Aang smiles. "Aren't airbender stories the best?" Aang asks us enthusiastically.

"Was it realistic? Is that how it was back then?" Katara asks aang.

"I laugh at gravity all the time! Haha, gravity." Aang laughs.

"Jingle jingle!" The storyteller waves his hat with a couple of coins in at Sokka who looks unimpressed at the stories.

Sokka scrambles around in his pockets for change but comes out with some crumbs and a bug. I too rummage in my pockets but can't find anything

"Sorry." Sokka and I apologise

"Awh. Cheapskates." The man complains.

"Hey! Thanks for the story!" Aang says as he runs up to the storyteller.

"Tell it to the cap boy." The man shakes his hat at Aang without looking behind him. A coin drops from the hat and momo picks it up before throwing it in the hat.

"Aww, much obliged little bat thing." Mr. Storyteller says to momo

"It means a lot to hear airbender stories." Aang says to the man. "It must have been a hundred years ago your great grandpa met them."

" what are you talking about child?" The storyteller questions. "Great grandpapy saw the air walkers last week." He points to an old man being him who laughs and waves at aang.

________________________________

We sail through the clouds together on appa.

"We're almost at the northern air temple." Aang declares "this is where they had the championships for sky bison polo."

"Do you think we'll really find airbenders?" Katara asks Sokka and I

"Maybe." I say. I'm not giving away anything.

"Do you want me to be like you or totally honest?" Sokka deadpans

"Are you saying I'm a liar?!" Katara questions her brother

"I'm saying your and optimist. Same thing basically." Katara huffs at Sokka's response.

"Hey guys look! We're nearly there!" Aang shouts back to us.

When we get closer to the temple we peer over the edge of appa to see people gliding around it.

Katara gasps "they really are airbenders!" She says enthusiastically.

"No they're not." Aang says with an angry face.

"Whatdya mean they're not? Those guys are flying!" Sokka says

"Gliding maybe, but not flying." Aang says

"You can tell they're not airbending by the way they move can't you?" I say to Aang

"Yeah. Those people have no spirit." Aang agrees with me

Then a kid I recognise as Teo flies over our heads, narrowly missing us as we duck. He laughs loudly as he circles appa

"I don't Know Aang , that kid seemed pretty spirited." Katara says as she points to Teo.

Teo flies alongside us and looks over at aang.
An idea seems to pop into Aang's head and he jumps into the air and onto his glider. He flies after Teo as tons of people on gliders swarm around us. Appa groans and Katara and I fall back towards Sokka.