XIII

Adrenaline pumps through her veins as Amelia sprints through the chaos. Explosions blow pieces of debris onto her path. Her movements are agile and fast as she dodges and attacks aliens coming at her from every direction. A car speeds towards her but with a flick of her wrist she stops it from hitting her body. People are rushing through the streets and Amelia is doing anything she can to keep those bodies moving.

An unknown flying vehicle with an equally unknown being on top of it starts blasting at a group of people in front of her. After hitting it with a blasting curse, she checks if the people are alright before pointing them to a safer location. She hears a loud new sound in her ears and fears for the worse, but as she looks up she notices it to be a jet. A human invention.

That makes her think of the earpiece that Fury gave her. She checks the area before hiding in an alleyway for cover. Amelia pats her pockets in search for the small device and finds it in her left pocket. Her finger taps it on as she puts it in her ear and voices sound from the muggle invention.

"-on your three, headed north west." The voice of a familiar female brings joy to her ears.

"Natasha-" She presses the button since her voice wasn't entering the device before and repeats herself, "Natasha! It's me, Amelia. Where are you?"

"Amelia? You're alive?"

Tony cuts her off before she can reply, "Natasha, what did you stop for drive-through? Swing up park, I'm going to lay them out for you."

Amelia sees the iron man fly past the tower, a train of chitauri ships behind him. She keeps an eye out for the jet and Tony as she continues to fight of any stray aliens. She sees the jet firing at the dozen of aliens behind Tony. She apparates closer and shields the people underneath it from the destroyed vehicles. Then her wand grabs a hold of a space scooter in the air and with a flick she fires it back towards the other aliens that follow.

Amelia hears Tony taking about more incoming and sees him fly towards the top. The jet flies further and points its guns at Loki on top of the tower. Loki shoots it down with a thrust of his spear and the jet catches fire. 

She follows the jet by apparating down the streets where the crashing vehicle was passing. It was tiring but she couldn't let it crash. As the jet was nearing the ground, Amelia appeared before it with her wand held high. With a flick and swish she hits the jet with a levitation spell. The force of the moving plane causes her feet to slide backwards on the stone pavement. Amelia grids her teeth and releases a powerful yell as her magic tries to stop the plane from crashing. The technology of the plane was reacting with her magic, sparks flying all over the place. Her fingers were shaking from her fierce grip on the wooden stick. Slowly but surely the plane stopped moving, floating closely above the floor. 

Amelia notices Natasha and an unknown man in the jet as she slowly lowers it to the ground. As soon as the plane touches the ground, Lia leans forward with her hand resting on her knees. Her breathing is loud and uneven and a puff of dust causes her to cough and tremble. She forces her gaze up as she hears the jet open and sees the personification of America walking towards her.

"Hey Steve-" Her greeting gets cut short as strong arms circle around her waist. A surprised yell escapes her mouth as she gets lifted from the ground, the color red, blue and white filling her sight. Steve's bear hug was sudden but somehow very needed.

"Amelia, are you okay?"

"I'm alive. Glad to see you too Steve."

He puts her down and she nods at Natasha and her guest. The man with a bow quickly introduces himself as Clint and then they are moving once again. They run in the direction of the tower, wanting to be closer to the portal. As they are running Clint speaks up, looking at Amelia as he does.