XXIV

Being inside Amelia's memories was a weird experience, Tony decided.

Bruce had decided against joining the group inside the memory, scared that something might set of the hulk. And the hulk being inside a memory wasn't something anyone was willing to give a try. Clint joined him in his decision. His mind still felt fragile (not that he wanted to admit it) and he didn't like that someone had been in his mind, so he respected Amelia and didn't invade hers. The two of them made it their mission to read through the rules and laws of the wizarding world, hopeful that the new information could help them with Amelia's court.

The group had argued that Tony shouldn't risk going in as well, even with his now 'magic proof' arc reactor. Tony didn't care, too curious to miss the opportunity to learn more about what happened from Amelia's point of view. That and the fact that viewing memories was something he really didn't want to miss. 

So Steve, Natasha, Thor and Tony went inside the pensieve, which was apparently what the circular slab that Hermione moved to the table was called, with Hermione and Ginny joining the group as well. Amelia's memories were poured into the pensieve, the silvery lines mixing into the mysterious liquid already in there. Hermione moves her wand around the dark and blueish fluid until an average looking New York apartment appears inside it. Leaning her head into the water, Hermione's body get's pulled inside. Ginny gives them a wink and follows the older witch's lead. 

Thor was quick to join in as well, more used to weird magical things than the others. Tony was almost afraid that Thor's huge warrior build wouldn't fit inside but magic seems to take care of it. Steve, always the brave (and reckless) soldier, headed in next. Giving Natasha a shrug, the billionaire follows the others.

And then he was falling. He briefly thinks back to his fall before and his chest clams shut. The shock from the landing luckily brings him back to the present. Or the past actually. Steve helps him up and the genius takes in the rather empty looking apartment. Like he had said before, it felt weird to be inside a memory. It looked so real, as if he was really there. But then an owl flew through him and he was reminded that he wasn't.

Natasha had joined the others by now and the whole group takes note of the first memory that Amelia had gifted them. It looked like a fairly normal morning but Amelia wouldn't have added it if it wasn't necessary. So Tony assumed that it was the morning that it all started. 

They all stood at the sidelines and watched as the two owls inside the room began challenging each other, watched as Amelia shot up out of her bed and began to ready herself in a hurry. It was kind of nice to see Amelia in such a normal situation. To see her preform magic on everyday tasks. Then the room faded out, switching to a profession looking office. A blond woman stands before tall windows with her arms on her back.

"Who's that?" Steve asks.

"It's her boss, the head of the auror department, Marilyn Bonneville."

Natasha frowns at Hermoine's words, "Bonneville? Didn't Amelia say that name when she was arrested?"

"I believe that she did, she said that Bonneville had set her up."

"I've never liked her."

"Ginny, you have never met the woman." Hermoine remarks dryly.  

"I did now, and I don't like her."

Hermoine rolls her eyes, "Well, I did meet her once, on a Ministry event. She was a bit rude actually, didn't seem very interested in werewolf rights either."

The conversation gets cut short as a familiar figure rushes inside the office.

"So you have finally decided to bless me with your presence, Miss Martin?"