IV

"Sooo, I've kind of been keeping something from you guys."

Amelia sits in front of a fireplace, face first into the fire. Her head appears into another fireplace somewhere miles away. A redhead and a woman with brown curls being in front of said fireplace, looking down at the woman in worry. Amelia has been floo-calling with her friends for a while now, catching up, talking about life. But as much as she likes that, she actually needs help and who can help better than The Brightest Witch of Her Age.

Hermione Granger had aged well, her hair still being curly but more contained. The clothes she wears are more professional and adult-like. But Lia can see the dark circles under her eyes, which are most likely caused by the stress of having from having two kids and being the head of the department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures or R.C.M.C. for short, which Amelia thinks is way better than S.P.E.W. even if it didn't have a catchy tone. 

Next to the mother of two sits Ginevra Weasley, her first friend at Hogwarts. Ginny was still on the small side but her muscles from playing professional for the Holyhead Harpies were still clear as day, even though she retired a few years ago. Ginny now works for the Daily Prophet as a sports editor. Her red hair is shorter, not even reaching her shoulders. Amelia is still very good friends with the girls, she floo-calls them weekly and celebrates Christmas at the Weasley household. 

"Oh no Lia, I don't like the tone you said that in" Hermione says.

"You always think the worst of her 'Mione, I'm sure she's fine."

"Well, I've got good and bad news... should I give the good news first?" Amelia asks, receiving two nods as answers.

"I got my first big job!"

"Oh Amelia that's amazing!-" Hermione says.

"-and about time if you ask me"

"Ginny!"

"What 'Moine? You know I'm right." Ginny argues, making Hermione roll her eyes.

"Sooo, what's the job?! Do you get to kill some baddies?"

"That's the bad news... I mean it's not that bad but not the best either."

"Do tell."

"I can't exactly use magic and nobody can know I'm a witch."

"It's muggle related then?" Hermione assumes.

"Yeah, I can't say a lot about it since it's a secret mission but yeah, I basically have to watch muggles and only do something if absolutely necessary." Amelia sighs, she was glad with this mission but she wished for a mission where she could use her powers, were she could show that she was worthy to be an Auror. Now it feels as if she was only chosen because of her muggle knowledge and not because of her skills. 

Ginny thinks for a moment, "I mean It's a start, right? If you do this well, then you can get other big assignments."

"Or you can get fired for not respecting the main law of magic.." Hermione's voice is quiet.

"Hermione, stop being so depressing, I'm sure she has exceptions because of her mission."

"I'm just saying, I know from the ministry and history books that most missions that include muggles don't end well for the wizard or witch in question. I don't want to scare you Lia but it's something you should keep in mind."

It was quiet between the three women.

"Thank you 'Mione, I'll keep it in mind. Oh, before I forget! Do you know anything about technology working around magic? Since the muggles I'm with are very advanced with it and I don't want to make something crash."