But it will be a different kind

Tobio and Shouyo loaded their car with some luggage, getting inside quickly to fight off the cold. "you ready?" Kageyama asked as he buckled up. "yup! I got my charger, phone, headphones and snacks. Do you have everything?" Hinata responded. "even if I forgot all my possessions I'd need to survive, I'd still be fine with you by my side." Hinata blushed at the comment and leaned in to kiss the man in the drivers seat. 

They set off to their destination, making a pit stop by their favorite coffee shop to get some java since it was a sharp and cold Sunday morning at 7 in the morning, two days since the holiday break started. "can I play some music?" Shouyo asked. "go ahead just nothing too strong this early?" Hinata nodded, playing some independent pop music, lightening the mood in the car from tiring to tiring with some extra energy. 

An hour into the trip, Hinata had fallen asleep, no pop music playing anymore, now it was just cavetown. The sun shined on his face, popping out his slight freckles and making his hair glow like fire. Kageyama looked at him from time to time, wondering what was gonna happen to him and Hinata if and when they broke up. Kageyama knew it wasn't going to be easy on either of them. But for some reason, he knew that it was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

The greenery passing them by as he drove reminded him of home. Although he loved the city, nothing could ever replace the green fields and tall Sakura trees and black pine trees. However, Sakura trees blossomed in spring and it was still winter so they were no where in sight which saddened him a bit but there was nothing he could do about it. 

He thought of everything that they could do while in their hometown. If he was being honest, he really missed his old teammates and would love to 'accidentally' bump into them but he knew that it probably wouldn't happen anyway. 

Daichi and Suga got married and lived in Tokyo but despite the fact, they never really talked or met up. The first years were never really friends enough with the third years to have kept in touch, he just knew where they ended up because of Nishinoya who knew because Tanaka who knew because of Asahi. He would visit a restaurant Tanaka opened quite often so they chatted sometime. 

After the third years graduated, Noya was unhinged. Nobody knew why but it was fairly obvious that the short libero was in love with him. Unrequited, Tobio thought. 

As for his fellow classmates, Yama(c00chi)guci and Tsukishima, they had a falling out suddenly in the last couple of months of highschool. He's pretty sure Tsukishima ended up going to Germany for uni under a scholarship and Yamaguci fell off the grid. Apparently no ones heard from him since graduation. 

As Kageyama drove farther away from the city, the quality of the roads worsened, he kinda liked it, trying to miss the holes in the road that sometime appeared. He loved every minute of it; the driving and the scenery. 

Hinata on the other hand was asleep on the passenger side, seat collapsed backwards and knees to his chest with earbuds in. He preferred it this way cause the music would encapsulate him, sending him into a deep sleep. 

-

It had been three hours since they set off and Kageyama decided he needed a break. Pulling over at a gas station, he pulled up the handbrake and put the car into a halt. "damn its cold." Kageyama whispered to himself as he stepped out of the car, stretching his  arms, reaching out for the skies. He looked at Hinata, feeling a slight numbness in his heart but ignored it. He was still asleep so he decided to get them some new snacks and coffee to wake the boy up. 

Hinata's phone started ring and suddenly his head shot up, confused for a second before scattering to answer his phone. Blinking at the screen as he read the name 'mama' written on the screen. 

"hi mama" he said quietly. "Shouyo hey, I just wanted to check in on you guys. How's the drive going?" Hinata hopped out of the car, looking at his surroundings for a minute, not knowing where they were. "Shouyo?" his mother called out from the other side of the call. "yeah sorry. We've stopped at a gas station to rest for a bit. I think we're still two hours away."  he replied calmly while spotting Tobio walking out of the store. "okay honey. drive safe! see you soon my love." she said in a sweet tone. "bye mama, love you."..."bye honey." Hinata ended the call. 

"hey, you're awake." Tobio looked at his boyfriend from the opposite side as he set their drinks atop their yellow car. (A/N im so sorry) "yeah, mom woke me up." he said, kinda sad from waking up from his nap. "well it was about time." Tobio walked to the other side of the car, two coffees in his hand. "I was getting bored." He handed Hinata a coffee whilst going in for a hug. 

Hinata was still kinda out of it from the nap while he hugged Tobio but still squeezed hard nonetheless. They pulled back, Tobios arm still latched onto Hinata's lower back, keeping them close. 

"can I drive?" Hinata asked. Tobio chuckled at the thought. "what?" Hinata said, a bit offended that his boyfriend laughed at him.

"remember last time you drove?" Tobio looked him in the eyes, a smile creeping up on his face. "last time I drove was in the city during rush hour. Now its a long road with slight curves." he argued his point. "what about the occasional holes in the road?" Tobio looked at his boyfriend from the side, their back leaning on the car. 

"I'll dodge 'em." Tobio stared at hinata, seriously considering him driving. "fine. I need the break anyway." he grabbed the bag with snacks from the top of the car and sat in the passenger seat with defeat. Hinata followed too, sitting in the drivers seat. 

"thank you!!" Hinata said as gave Tobio a quick peck on the lips. He just smiled contently, not being able to shake the feeling of numbness around his heart as he stared at the road in front of him. 

-

well that was that. hope you enjoyed reading it ig. have a great day/night!!!