1)The Devil's Trill

The hand moveth swift, his eyes shut tight,

the bow 'gainst the strings, rubbing the melody out.

His body, the vessel; his mind, controlled,

 the fiddle sung the devil's piece, eons and eons old.

A tear once, the blood drop twice,

 hath fell upon the floor from the conduit's eyes.

It sunk and seeped deep inside the floor

on to the chambers of guilt and sorrow.

Quarter an hour passed, stopeth playing he,

 it hath spread all over, the wave of tranquility.

 In white all three, yet none were pure,

their soul solely thine and thine alone.

his hands around his neck wrapped he

the judge took life, his own for thee.

the other two judges, also dead,

took their own, no, each other's life instead.

The player, he left, for the bigger throng awaits,

 the biggest performance was yet to happen

the promised star was he yet to be made.

He reached the hall, with thousands was it filled,

the fiery red eyes of the player eyed them all

and thus it hath begun, the devil's trill.

The hall echoed of the melodious piece,

the conduit's eyes shut tight, could see 

the souls,  slave soon to become.

Both his orbs wept,

the clean white left, the bloody red right.

Streams of blood and tears flowed down the floor to hell.

Quarter an hour passed, stoppeth playing he,

it hath again spread all over, the wave of tranquility.

The audience, none alive, themselves or each other they killed,

the devil called upon him, for it was achieved, his desire.

The hall, with dead corpses was  filled,

the player's body droppeth, and his soul rejoices with the devil's choir.

...(279 words)

#Author's Notes:

Confusing? Well, the story behind this violin piece might help you understand. Niccolo Paganini, a famous violinist wanted to compose the best musical piece ever written and played. But months of hard work bore no fruits. One night, the devil came to visit him and played him his piece 'Devil's Trill Sonata'. He gave him his music, a soul being the payment, either his or someone else's. Niccolo, being a pure soul, won't take other's life so he gave his, and thus became the part of the devil's choir. It is believed that the music piece promises fame to anyone who plays it and lures the listeners into believing so.

Now, let me break down the poem for you. Another violinist auditioned for performing solo on the big stage. There were three judges and him performing the devil's trill. The same options and dreams of fame were given to the judges(by the devil, of course). One of them committed suicide and the other two killed each other. The tear and the red blood drops are symbolic of the souls of those greedy judges. As none survived the song, the devil himself became the judge, and thus that violinist performed on the big stage. There, just like the judges, fate of the audience were decided, they were the devil's. In the end, as Satan promised, the player was given the promised fame and was asked to join the devil's choir.

This is my first try at blank verse (No particular rhyming scheme but a tempo). Here I preferred the usage of archaic terms, for the Satan's music is very old. In the first para, the term guilt and sorrow refers to Hell. In the second para, the word 'thine' has been used for the devil himself. In the third para, the big performance takes place, where Lucifer harvest on thousands of soul, and in the fourth, as a reward, the violinist was granted a position in the devil's choir.

Now, I urge you to read the poem again. Hopefully, it will make sense now :D