Cendrillon

The sound of the carriage wheels gliding over the streets towards the capital kept the girl's focus during her ride. Her pure white gown that symbolizes innocence was matched with a white ribbon tying her hair into a side pony tail, giving an illusion of purity and innocence.

Kanao Tsuyuri was anything but innocent.

By the time the clock strikes to twelve, her hands would be covered by blood once again, staining her beautiful white gown with dirty, hideous red.

As she looked through the window, her mind drifted of to certain words; "You are Cinderella, and by the time the clock strikes to twelve, your fate will be decided."

Cinderella never had guns and daggers hiding inside her skirt.

Cinderella never planned to murder her prince.

The carriage came to a stop when the first security checkpoint was reached. She gave them her documents, everything forged, everything was fake. Fake like the innocent smile she's graced her face with as she met the security guards, whose eyes shook as they took on her beauty, drawing them into her spell of illusion.

They took the documents, believing every single lie that was written and let her pass. Men were very fickle creatures, grace them a smile and they'll immediately fall down your feet.

Just like magic, Kanao was then turned from the daughter of cinders to a Countess.

To her surprise, her hands started to tremble as the carriage got closer to the castle. She wasn't supposed to be nervous. She was born to do this — she was born to cover her hands into the blood of Prince Charming, it was a small price to pay for her to achieve her happy ending.

Her task was simple... kill the Prince, and be awarded. She's done this countless of times before, why now, why now would she start to tremble?

She tried to imagine her target — she's never met the boy, of course. It was a given that all target must be strangers, as to not allow unnecessary relation to hinder the task. Prince Tanjirou was the Crowned Prince of the kingdom of Teasrilia, son of two tyrant rulers. While everyone knew his face thanks to the proliferation of royal portraits and propaganda for the crown, he played no role into brutal politics. Those who had lost hope of mercy from his parents had started to whisper hopes that this mysterious prince would be different — that he would turn his back from wars and care about his country more than anything else. Others held no such thing, a child of two tyrants will no doubt become a tyrant himself, and fear of rebellion started growing among the nobles.

Kanao didn't care about the happenings of another country, but she had to study them for when she meets the prince herself and talk about different topics, including politics. The information was given by the organization, and she had no doubt that everything written in it was true.

However, she wondered how Prince Tanjirou would turn out to be. Then, she remembered that there should not be an ounce of emotional attachment whatsoever. No matter what kind of person he is, his fate will remain the same.

She rode into the second security checkpoint, and again gave her practiced introduction.

The child of a merchant, abondened after her father's death to the whimps of her stepmother and stepsisters. Kanao was the embodiment of a perfect Cinderella — atleast, that was what her Godmother had told her.

She was nearing the palace gates, and she tried to steady herself, adjusting the dagger strupped to her upper right thigh underneath her skirt. Her other thigh had just one other item, intended to help herself should her ability to escape be compromised.

She tried to play the scene of his death in her mind. A gun would make too much noise, drawing the attention of the crowd. A dagger would give him a quick, quiet death.