Let me breathe easier

a/n. this is set in modern au in which they're shinobu is an ob-gyn, giyuu is a police detective, and they are married. but uhhhh this is very meh its literally only about shinobu confiding in giyuu about her emotions but somehow it turned into 2k story HAHA i myself didnt even see the point of this fic lmaooo but i already wrote too much and it felt like a waste to delete this haha

trigger warning i talk (just very little) about r*pe here. also i wrote this with limited knowledge of after-assault care, police work, etc so please excuse any unrealistic aspect huehe. another thing im sorry if i offend any dude with this fic lol anyways hope you enjoy this lads!!! (highly doubt it though)

Can you pick me up after work?

The message comes in when he was sipping his coffee. Giyuu lifts his eyebrow, finding it unusual for his wife to message him requesting a pick-up service. Their workplaces are on the opposite directions from their house, so to not make a round trip they decide to commute by themselves to work. And Shinobu always refuses his offer to drive her to the hospital and fetch her-a waste of time and gas, she says-so the message puzzles him greatly. Not to mention it's just barely past 10, yet she already talks about going home. What could've happened? Worry pricks his chest, but if she just texts him, that means she doesn't want to be disturbed right now, and it's not something that can be conveyed in mere messages.

Okay, he decides to reply, before finishing off his coffee quickly and goes back to his desk to go through the evidence list on the murder case Himejima just assigned to him. He's going to clock off on time, and nothing can stop him from doing that.

.

.

.

On my way, he texts her at 5.10, to which Shinobu quickly warns him, Don't you dare surpass the speed limit. Drive safely. If he's on his way just ten minutes after his supposedly end-work hour, he must've exited the office promptly when the clock strikes 5. Seems like her message makes him worry quite a bit.

She predicts it will take him around one hour to arrive, so she decides to buy a cup of chamomile tea at the hospital cafe as she waits for him-she needs it to alleviate the surge of ugly emotion in her chest. It is tough to keep her anger throughout the day, pulling the corners of her mouth up when she just wants to... punch a ton of bricks to channel her wrath. Shinobu doesn't like to impose on anyone, even to her own husband-why bother others when you can do it yourself? But she doesn't want to go home with such a heavy heart, so as much as she grimaces at the fact she traps him in a traffic jam (that's certainly not fun) and the cost of gas and time, she decides this is alright; she does this only for one time.

He arrives in an hour and half, quite normal considering the peak hour and the distance. Honking once to catch her attention, he turns on the hazard lamp as a sign which car is his. Kind of stupid, since she remembers the plate number too well-16-06, their wedding date-but there's little point in trying to change that habit.

With her chamomile tea freshly refilled by the bartender and another cup of green tea for him she enters the car, only to find he's holding onto not only one, but two cups from a cafe she always passes by when she walks to the hospital from the station with a dumbfounded look on his face. She snorts.

"Why did you buy me a drink?" she asks, placing his share of tea on the cupholder and took the cup in his left hand. "I was waiting for you; it's a given I would buy something for myself."

Giyuu shrugs as he sips the drink in his right hand. "Your message was unusual," he replies, butchering a lot of things like usual, but she caught the latent message of his words-'I was worried, and I thought it would make you feel better'.