Chapter Nineteen:

En başından başla

The four friends stared up at the mansion in clear and utter shock, their mouths wide open and, in Liam’s case, drooling slightly from the sight of it.  It was a beauty to look at; in fact they had a hard time actually entering the mansion instead of just standing in the front garden gawking at it.  It was with the help of the soccer team pushing them along that they made it through the dark, oak wooden doors.

“Hey guys the soccer team are here!”  Someone shouted into a microphone as the music was killed. 

“AAAAAYYY!”  The residents of the house cheered, all of them swooping onto them and pulling them into the heart of the party.

Jasper twitched in irritation as person after person either brushed against him or bumped into his body.  His eyes widened to a dramatic size when he felt random hands ghost against his butt a number of times.  I’ve only been here five minutes and I already hate it...  Jasper glanced at Carly and saw her safely tucked in the middle of the soccer team, Callum and Liam standing a distance away from her.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I got one drink.

Across the room Carly reached for a beer, well that was her intention, except that when it was just going to brush her fingers she was yanked backwards.  She raised her fist and was about to punch the drunk that she thought was man handling her that is if it wasn’t that her eyes met blue clear eyes. 

“Elliot?”  She yelped, her voice squeaking at the end embarrassingly. 

“Sorry man,” He said with a smile, as he took his hands off of her shoulders, “But you can’t drink any of the beer, none of the soccer team can.  We have to be at our best for tomorrow’s game but don’t worry; if we win you can go all out on Sunday’s party.”

Carly sighed and nodded, avoiding eye contact; “Got it.”

Elliot frowned slightly at Carl’s attitude towards him, why is he not looking me in the eyes like he always does?

Holy shit!  Carly screamed in her own head, this is the worst time to talk to me Elliot.  I mean you just admitted to liking a girl that may or may not be me.  Please leave so that I can pull my fan girl feelings together!

“Carl are you okay?”  Elliot asked as he bent down to look him in the eyes.

Carly blanched when their eyes connected, it was at this moment that she realized just how close they were.  His eyes staring into hers with nothing but concern, his pink lips parted slightly, his blonde hair ruffled sexily due to running his hands through it, his tight, black shirt hinting at the hard muscle underneath and his arms left bare so that she could see his bicep muscles flex whenever he reached for something.  How could someone as perfect as him like me...? 

“I’m fine!”  She cried, pushing Elliot back by the shoulders, this is really bad if I don’t get away from him I’m going to end up doing something completely out of character.  There was a reason I tried not to be in his presence all this time!

“Hey Elliot!”  Adam shouted from across the room, drawing Elliot’s attention.  Bless you Adam, may the Lord bestow you with bountiful of happiness, Carly praised the man.

“Here I got you that water,” Adam called and threw the bottle. 

Carly was about to make her escape when she saw it.  What was it exactly?  Well it just so happened that when Elliot raised his arm to catch the bottle his shirt rode up.  Carly watched with her mouth hanging open as she caught a glimpse of the six pack underneath.  The view was only there for a second but for Carly it felt like it was showing for an hour.  She could see the sweat that was accumulating on his abs because of the growing heat of the room.  Her throat all of a sudden felt dry, it could have been because of the sight or it could have been the fact that all of her spit was currently drooling down her chin.