Chapter Twenty Four:

Carly stood in front of her mirror, staring at her reflection.  Her wig was off and in its place was her own hair.  She had grown tired of the purple hair and had decided to dye it back to its original colour of brunette, along with a blue dip dye on the edges.  A dark blue beanie was placed on top, her fringe falling out and covering her right eye.  A black sleeveless shirt covered the top half of her body, her bottom half was adorned with black, ripped skinny jeans.  Sneakers were donned on her feet, her nails painted a dark blue with rings littering her fingers and black studded diamonds pierced her ears.  A dark blue and black chequered shirt was tied around her waist. 

Carly bit her make-up less lips and smiled boldly at her reflection.  This is it; I’m finally going in as Carly. 

**********************

“Don’t pay attention to them,” Callum muttered in her ear as they walked down the hallway.  Carly nodded and pulled nervously on the edge of her beanie, trying and failing to block out the whispers of the students. 

“What the hell are you losers looking at?”  A familiar voice growled.  She looked up to see an angry Dylan staring down a group of students.  They blanched and quickly scurried away from her glaring eyes.  Dusting her hands against each other and straightening her collar, a smirk clearly evident on her lips, she made her way towards us. 

“Hey,” Surprisingly it was Jasper who made the first greeting. 

Dylan grinned, “Hey.”

“Where are the other two?”  He asked looking behind her.  His answer was there; both Samantha and Lillian were making their way towards their group. 

“Hey, you guys heading towards the Canteen?”  Samantha asked as Lillian gave a hug to Carly. 

“No,” Carly said as she detached herself – rather regrettably – from Lillian’s warm hug. 

“What do you mean?”  Callum asked.

“I’m going to go talk to Elliot,” She said, determination set in her eyes; “I’m going to make him listen, no matter what.”

A squeal erupted from Samantha’s mouth and Lillian grinned, “Go kick some ass.”  All eyes turned to Lillian, “What?”

“Did you just use the word ass in a sentence?”  Liam asked.

“Yeah,” She answered in confusion, “Was I not supposed to?”

“No, no,” Callum reassured, “It was just unexpected.”

A silence fell over the group, “So you were going to go see Elliot!”  Samantha brought up the last topic.

“Yeah,” Carly said, “Right now.  I’ll see you guys later.”

They watched her retreating back, “So sweet,” Jasper said out loud, still watching Carly, “She thinks we’re not going to follow her.”