Chapter Ten:

--Day Three--

In the Canteen three figures sat around a table that would normally be loud with chatter and laughter, however, was quiet as their own thoughts raged within their heads.  Liam’s normally lively impish features were drawn into a scared frown, his hair shone in the light making it look auburn rather than the light brown that it was.  Callum ran his hands through his black hair before bringing them down his pale cheeks and allowing them to rest under his strong jaw.  Jasper’s dark brown hair – which was in need of a cut as it curled around his ears – hung over his eyes so that it was unclear what his expression was, however, judging by the frown that was tugging at his lips Carly deduced that it wasn’t a happy one.

“Er guys?”  Carly said hesitantly, as she sat down in her seat and placed her food tray on the table slowly, “What’s up?”

“Samantha is driving us crazy,” Callum groaned as he brought his hands back up to cover his face.

“Okay?”  Carly said with a confused frown.

“She’s been bugging us all day, asking about you every chance that she could get,” Callum continued, sitting back in his seat sloppily, his arms dropping so that they hung limply by his sides. 

Carly took a bite of her sandwich, studying Liam and Jasper who still had yet to speak, she nodded towards the two, “What’s wrong with them?”

Callum spared his two friends a glance before grimacing slightly, “Oh well what happened was...”

--Twenty minutes before--

“For the love of God no!”  Liam shouted, whirling on a surprised Samantha, “I do not know where Carl is.  So can you please dismiss yourself from my presence?!”

Everyone in the corridor turned and stared at Liam’s flushed face in shock, even Jasper’s eyes had widened slightly at the tone Liam had so rarely used in his entire life.  Dylan, however, was glaring at Liam as if she was trying to mentally blow his brain up.  Liam paled considerably when he saw her advancing towards him. 

“I-I-I mean,” He stuttered as he quickly back pedalled and waved his hands in front of him, “I can tell you where he is later.”

Too late.  Dylan was already on him; she grabbed the collar of his shirt and the buckle of his jeans and lifted him easily from the ground.  She then proceeded to dump him head first into a trash can, a satisfied smirk on her face.

Jasper’s eyes narrowed in anger as he moved forward and placed his hand on her shoulder.  It was a bad idea.  Jasper didn’t have his hand on Dylan’s shoulder for more than two seconds before he felt himself being lifted from the ground and flipped into the bin that was occupied by Liam.  Dylan dusted her hands and walked off as Samantha and Lillian chided her, both of them trailing behind her.  Students lingered around the bin that had toppled on the ground due to the two boys struggling.  They were saved ten minutes later by a sympathetic Callum.  

--Now--

“...So yeah,” Callum finished, rubbing the back of his neck, the same grimace on his face.

Carly’s face was a mixture of two emotions, sympathy and amusement.  The straw for her juice box was partly in her mouth, but due to her struggling of keeping a straight face she had not been able to drink from it. 

You know what to do with that big fat butt!  Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle –

Students closest to the table turned and stared at them as the loud music blared from Carly’s phone.  “Liam I swear to God I will-” Carly started as she struggled to get her phone out of her pocket.  She cut herself off when she saw the dazed look on his face.  Carly opened her mouth to say something but decided against it and instead answered the call.