Chapter Twenty One: Party Mania Part 2

--Day Twenty Eight--

Been around the world don’t speak the language, but your booty don’t need explaining.  All I really want to understand is when you...Talk dirty to me.

Surprisingly, this song wasn’t bursting from the speakers of Carly’s phone and instead was pumping through the walls of Adam’s house.  Carly, Liam, Callum and Jasper stood as they were the first time they saw the house.  Their mouths were hanging open as they saw the flashing lights of green, blue and purple pulsing within the mansion.  Black silhouettes could be seen dancing next to the floor to ceiling windows inside and a few teenagers splayed out on the immaculate green lawn outside. 

“Well, I guess we should go in,” Carly suggested, rubbing the back of her neck.

“Yeah,” The boys muttered, not moving from their spot.

Carly stared at them expectantly for a while; she chuckled when she realized they weren’t going to move anytime soon.  “Come on losers,” She grinned as she gave each of them a nudge in the back. 

They stumbled through the doorway of the mansion, only because a particularly drunk student was passed out on the floor.  They took in the large staircase that led upwards to three floors; each floor would have a winding hallway that would get you lost if you weren’t paying attention to where you were going.  The main hallway led three ways, forward into the large kitchen, to the right was the living room and to the left was a room that had been occupied by a massive, medieval dining table.  All furniture was locked in other rooms for safety, allowing the living room and dining room to serve as dance floors.  

Carly and her friends were immediately dragged into the living room where she was praised by every person there.  She nodded her head in acknowledgement to their words, laughing when others cracked a joke about the asshole from the game.

“Hey Carl!”  Daniel shouted, he raised his hand above the sea of people and barrelled his way through them, not caring that he sent some of them sprawling to the ground. 

“Hey,” Carl said with a smile. 

“Nice game yesterday,” He said, waving the red plastic cup in his hands into the air, “I was going to say it before but what with the situation with the Coach, it was a little hectic.”

“It’s cool,” She laughed as she patted his shoulder, “I’m just sad that I won’t be able to play soccer with you next year.”

“Yeah I know,” Daniel said sadly, “Man my last year went so fast, I wish it lasted longer.”

Carly didn’t mean it in the sense that Daniel was leaving next year, although that thought did sadden her, but what depressed her more was that she was going to go back to being Carly again in a number of days.  She wasn’t going to deny it but she had enjoyed the month that she had acted as a boy.  If she hadn’t become Carl she wouldn’t have met Joshua, Benny, Chris, Adam and Daniel.  I wouldn’t have gotten closer to Elliot.  What am I going to do when I become Carly again?  I don’t...I don’t want to say goodbye to them yet.