Volume 1 Chapter 7 Time Passes....

Previously: Monkey D. Dragon spared Victoria's life and they somehow ended up bonding over things. They grew close over the course of 3 and a half months. She couldn't sleep for the last 15 day not because she was scared but because of bad dreams about reliving her mother's death. She fell asleep with her swords near her.

-4 months pass and the Marine ship's return to see a battle has happened months ago. The streets and buildings were littered with dead marines and blood. Chase got off the ship and dashed towards her room with panic written all over his face. He slammed her door open to see her sleeping soundly with dark bags under her eyes. She was gripping onto her two swords as her life depended on it. She was sitting up against the wall on her bed. Covered in bloody bandages, bruises, and torn up clothes. He sighed softly and then walked over towards her with relief. "I'm so glad you're alright." She woke up to see Chase staring back at her with a soft smile across his face. "Hey there Victoria...oops I meant Val." She smiled happily at him, "I go by Victoria now. I give up on correcting you." She giggled jokingly. She fell forward breathing heavily. He caught her and became instantly worried but then she started to snore softly. Garp walked in and saw her in Chase's arms. She was breathing heavily and sleeping soundly in his arms. "Is she?" Garp asked, worried. Chase shook his head and smiled with tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. "She's just fine, she is just worn out is all." They both exhaled slowly in relief. "She lived somehow through this massacre. It looks like she fought against one of the enemies, look at her clothes. She probably used her special Haki Armament to heal and save herself from near death." Garp said, with tears streaming down his face relieved that she survived. "Bring her and her things to the ship." Chase gathered her two swords and then carried her to Captain Garp's ship.

Several hours later~ Victoria wakes up in an unfamiliar room with her two swords on the bed next to her. She looked down to see she was in her same torn up clothes. She looked to her right and saw new clothes for her to wear. "Ugh, my eyes." She got out of bed and saw a normal black eye patch laying on her new clothes. She got dressed and put the eye-patch over her left eye. It had the marine logo on it in gold. She breathed out slowly and cracked her neck and back. "Much better." She reached for the door handle and opened up the door to see Chase about to knock. He looked at her a little embarrassed. "Oh hey, I was about to knock." She hugged him abruptly. He stiffened up and then hugged her back all while smiling happily. "Hey there Victoria, do you like the eye patch, I picked out for you?" She pulled away and smiled genuinely at him as usual. "So you're the one who got it, thanks. I love it!" He chuckled softly and then turned around to lead her to the top of the ship. "Follow me." She walked behind him smiling ear to ear. They reached the top deck and she saw that they were sailing on the seas of the grand line. She smiled happily at the pretty blue ocean, then suddenly she was punched in the face by her Sensei Captain Garp. She hit one of the masts with her vision becoming blurry. "What did I say about letting your guard down! This is what you get for worrying me!" She looked up to see Garp clenching his fist tightly. This was his way of saying that he cares I'm some weird twisted way. She got up from the ground and dusted off her clothes and smiled genuinely at him. "Your right, sorry sir." He smiled at her response. "Now then, I'm going to train you to master a special technique only a few people can do in the entire world. It's extremely difficult." She nodded her head and then got ready to train. "Sir...I Recruit Victoria is ready for anything you throw at me!"

A few days later~ She blocked his punch full force, it hurt less this time compared to a few times before. She mastered the second technique of Iron Body. It's similar to Haki but not entirely the same. She had to work on her leg strength in order to master most of the techniques. They stopped at a deserted island and she worked on her strength training.