“Come here,” He said nodding to where his feet were. 

Carly deflated like a balloon, any hope of living diminishing at his commanding voice, “Yes sir,” She whimpered pathetically.

********************

“God damn, my ears are still ringing from the shouting that Carl got,” Joshua muttered as he rubbed his right ear vigorously.

“Think how Carl must feel,” Benny added with a grimace. 

They were all currently back in their normal clothes and were watching with sympathy filled eyes as Carl continued to run the circuit of the soccer field.  He was going to have to run until the bell rang signalling the end of lunch but judging by his stumbling jogs he wasn’t going to make it.

“Come on Carl you only have to run for five more minutes,” Elliot muttered as he stared at the figure with a small frown of concern. 

Joshua bit his lip and took a cautious glance at the Coach.  He sucked in a breathe through his teeth before shaking his head, “Fuck it,” He said and proceeded to step forward with his hands on each side of his mouth, “Come on Carl!  You’ve only got five minutes!”

They watched as Carl nearly stumbled over his feet from the shout and snapped his head up to stare at them.  “Yeah come on Carl!”  Benny joined his friend, “Show us what that skinny ass is made of.”

The rest of the soccer players contributed shouts of encouragement to the small male, allowing him to know that they were there.  They continued to cheer him on as he came to jog by them and were rewarded with a small smile of acknowledgement.  They ran alongside him giving small pats on the back or little taunts on his fitness to keep him on track until, finally, the bell rang for the end of lunch.

Carl promptly crumpled into a heaving mess on the floor as he struggled to get his breath back, the rest of the team either patting or rubbing his back consolingly in an attempt to ease the pain. 

“Here,” They all looked up to the Coach presenting a small bundle of yellow slips, “These will explain to your teachers on why you’re late.  Now stop gawking like a bunch of peeping Tom’s and got your butts off my soccer pitch.”

They didn’t need telling twice, Joshua and Benny secured one of Carl’s arms over one of their shoulders before quickly departing from the pitch. 

 “Jesus Carl!”  Joshua hissed, “Do you have a death wish or something?  I mean even I’m not stupid enough to back talk the Coach like that.”

“What the Hell got into you?”  Elliot asked looking over his shoulder at the tired boy.

“Like I said, I’m on my periods,” He slurred.

“I think he’s lost his shit,” Joshua said matter-of-factly as he placed Carl down on one of the wooden bench’s in the changing room.

“I’m fine,” Carl muttered standing up again, he stumbled slightly but managed to keep his balance, “I’m going to go get changed.  You guys go to lesson before you get into trouble.”

With that said he stumbled towards the toilet doors where his clothes were waiting for him.  “Are you sure man?”  Chris called after him. 

Carl waved a hand over his shoulder, “Yeah yeah.”

The boys looked at each other and shrugged before one by one they made their way out of the changing room and to their lesson.  However, Elliot paused from leaving and decided to check up on Carl one last time. 

Carly pulled her top from over her head and dumped it in her sports bag, adjusting her bra straps so that they weren’t slipping from her shoulders as she righted herself.  Her male friends had allowed her to wear this one item of girl clothing purely because she was on her periods.  Carly had to wear a bra when she was on her periods; it comforted her in a way.  Nobody would notice that she was wearing one anyway; it was made so that it would flatten your chest rather than accentuate it.