Town Square

SONG CHOICE
Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash

YOU and Marty meet at Doc's Garage, as you usually did on Saturday mornings

YOU and Marty meet at Doc's Garage, as you usually did on Saturday mornings. You kicked up your skateboard and opened the fence that lead to his garage.

"Morning Doc," you smiled walking into the garage. Doc had on a pair of goggles and he was intently working on a weird looking machine. Hearing your voice he lifted his head and took off his goggles.

"Y/n! How nice to see you this morning. Where's Marty?" He asked you, putting down the tool he was using and walking over to where you were.

"I don't know honestly, but you know Marty, he's never on time," You joked, running a hand through your hair. Doc laughed in response and went back to the machine.

You put down your backpack on one of the many work tables and turned around to get Einstein. "Einstein, come here boy," you said.

Einstein came running towards you and you laughed as he began to lick your face, "Down, Einie, come on let's go for a walk around town square," you said.

"Be right back Doc," you said grabbing your wallet and keys from out of your back pack and putting them into your jean jacket.

As you were walking out, you ran straight into Marty. "Marty?! Where were you?" You asked. Marty took off his headphones and turned off his Walkman.

Her stared at you with a blank expression on his face, "Sorry, my mom wouldn't let me out of the house," he mumbled.

"Are you taking Einstein for a walk?" Marty asked. You nodded and Einstein barked, which made you giggle.

"Yeah, I was thinking about going to town square and then by the Video Hut to rent a film," You said.

"Want some company, I don't understand what Doc says half the time," he joked, rubbing the back of his neck. You laughed, "Yeah, me neither," you agreed.

You and Marty walked silently to the town square, Einstein happily trotting along in front of you. "What movie were you thinking of renting?" Marty asked braking the silence.

"Star Wars," you responded with a small smile. Before Marty could start a conversation with you about the movie, Needles and his gang came out of the Video Hut, laughing immediately when they saw you and Marty.

"Hey look who it is. Big M and Y/l, what a surprise," Needles said. "Shove off, Needles," you said rolling your eyes. Marty just stood there, pissed off at the very presence of his enemy.

Needles laughed, "Wow, McFly! Looks like your little girlfriend has to tell me to go, but that's not much of surprise considering your chicken!" Needles mocked.

Marty tensed up, he absolutely hated when anyone called him chicken. "Nobody calls me chicken and Y/n's not my girlfriend," Marty defended.

Einstein then started to bark at Needles, which made him make fun of Einstein. Then Einstein chased him down the street, which caused both you and Marty to laugh.

After chasing Needles away, Einstein laid down on the grassy area of town square, while you decided to rent Star Wars. Marty following closely behind.

"Marty?" You asked looking through the other videos. "Yeah?" he responded, seeming to get caught up in your natural beauty.

"Why don't you like it when people call you chicken?" you asked. Marty shrugged, "I don't want people to think I can't do something, I want to prove that I'm not afraid of anything," he explained, to have you just nod in response.

The only thing he was really scared of at the moment was to tell you how he felt about you.

Marty always loved the way you would bite on your pen during school. He loved the way you would rock out to Joan Jett in Doc's garage and the way you would casually listen to Queen in your bedroom at night, causing your parents to yell at you to turn it down.

Of course Marty was there for all that because he was your best friend.

You rented Star Wars and walked out of the video hit with Marty. You both walked to town square to get Einstein, relaxing on a bench.

"Want to listen to music?" Marty suggested, taking out his Walkman and headphones. You nodded as you put one speaker to your ear, as Marty played to tape.

Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash started to play, 'Darling, you got to let me know. Should I stay or should I go? If you say that you are mine, I'll be there till the end of time,"

Marty thought the song was pretty fitting and it made him blush. You noticed Marty's red cheeks, "Marty are you okay," you asked, thinking he was acting a little strangely than usual.

"Good, fine," he mumbled as you both continued to listen to the song. 'Should I ask her?' Marty thought.

After the song ended you and Marty decided to take Einstein back home to Doc's. As you were walking Marty took your hand, which you thought was cute, because he hand never held your hand before.

You turned to look at him, not really knowing what to do. Then he cleared his throat, "Should I stay or should I go?" Marty asked sincerely. It was corny, but it was just his style.

"Um, you came this far, so you can stay if you like," you responded, a little confused.

Marty laughed under his breath, "I meant like the song," he said, blushing.

You smiled, now getting what he was saying, "You should stay," you said, then kissing him on the cheek.