Jasper’s expression returned to its normal stoic look and – deciding it would be fun to mess with the girls – put his arms around Carly’s waist and rested his chin on the top of her head.  Carly didn’t react; to be honest she was used to the guys randomly hugging her. 

The girls blushed at their position and at Jasper’s next words, “Sorry ladies, but I don’t like sharing what belongs to me,” With that being said, Jasper flashed a grin before retreating back to the lockers where Liam and Callum stood. 

Callum frowned and stared at the hyperventilating girls behind Jasper and Carly, “What did you guys do?”  He asked.

“I told them I was gay and then Jasper may have given them the implication that he was my boyfriend,” Carly said, fidgeting with one of the buttons on her shirt distractedly. 

“You told them you were gay?”  Callum questioned further.

“Yeah,” Carly answered looking up, “Shouldn’t I have done?”

“No, no,” Callum answered, still looking towards the girls, “I think they’re happier that you’re gay rather than straight.  But just be careful okay?  Not everyone is cool with the whole gay concept in this school.  Your a girl too so it’d be hard to defend yourself, baring in mind that everyone else thinks you’re a guy so they won’t hold back.”

“Roger that,” Carly saluted.

The first bell of the day rang throughout the school, groans and lockers slamming shut followed after.  Carly turned to her friends, “I’ll see you guys at Lunch,” She said with a wave goodbye.

The four friends were unaware of the figure that had been concealed in the shadows.  The person stepped out and regarded their retreating backs with a raised eyebrow; well...I didn’t expect that...

**********************

Don’t do anything stupid, don’t say anything stupid.  Just.  Be.  Cool.  Carly thought to herself as she sat in Chemistry. 

Her teacher was writing down the instructions that they had to follow in order to complete their “fun” experiment.  Mrs Lloyd always allowed them to have fun experiments, which included them making glowing liquids and fog at the end of the year.  It was fun; however this time – for Carly – it was more of a challenge, due to the fact that she had been partnered with Elliot.  Her old partner, Vanessa, had immediately partnered up with her boyfriend not knowing that Carl was in fact her lab partner.  Elliot’s partner – Vanessa’s boyfriend – had ditched him forcing the two of them to partner with each other. 

It was awkward for both parties, Carly because she had successfully avoided being in a conversation with him in this lesson.  An impressive feat she had to admit, although it was close at some points when he had cornered her in the room, prepared to question her on their homework.  However, it had all gone to shit the moment she saw him sitting alone, a bored expression on his face as he spun the beakers. 

Elliot was awkward only because he just found out that Carl was actually gay.  He may or may not have been eavesdropping on the conversation he had with those girls.  Elliot was racking his brain for something to say; scared that whatever he said might cause Carl to like him more.  He had been worrying on the fact that Carl might potentially like him since he found out he swung for the other team.  His assumptions were made certain the moment he saw Carl’s eyes land on him; he saw his eyes widen, a slight glint in them and then and a small blush took over his cheeks.  He had ducked his head and made his way towards Mrs Lloyd, who had directed them towards Elliot’s desk.  Five minutes later and Elliot was sitting contemplating his predicament.