Free

Warning: Unwanted sexual advances

Marc could still remember everything from when Lucien got Akumatized and controlled him with that damn choker necklace. It was awful, having no free will, being forced to do whatever he said, and... Seeing Nathaniel look so heartbroken. It took two hours for Lucien to be deakumatized and for Marc to be free from his control. Even though the Miraculous Cure fixed everything, Marc could still remember everything

Heart Thief would hold him tighter than he needed to, and Marc just wanted to slap him across the face then run into Nathaniel's arms, but he couldn't. It was like he was dating Lucien all over again. In retrospect, maybe Marc should have recognized the signs of a toxic relationship. Lucien's muscular arms would wrap tightly around his waist and never let go. And when he wasn't doing that, he would just touch Marc in the most disgusting away ever. Hands grazed his chest, touched his thighs, caressed his neck. And Marc didn't have the heart to say no; they were dating after all. But after eight months, Marc was finally free from this relationship, all of the unwanted touching, Lucien controlling how he dressed, being separated from his friends... That was only half the story. There were some parts Marc didn't have the heart to tell anyone, not even his moms.

Once after Lucien and his team won a football game, one of the teammates had a victory party at his place, one that almost everyone at school went to. It was amazing: Food, drinks, seven minutes in heaven, students passing around a bong, everything you need for a high school party. Lucien was the center of attention as usual, and there, by his side was Marc dressed in a red tank top, tight black jeans, black leather boots, and of course the choker Lucien gave him. And with the choker came the nickname, 'Lucien's Pet.'

'Why are you still with that guy?', his friends would always ask, and Marc would say the same thing, 'He loves me.'

As Lucien and his team went on and on about the game, Marc was trying his hardest not to cringe whenever Lucien's hand touched a part of his body. And when the team let out cheers and howls, Lucien took this opportunity to pinch Marc in a certain place, eliciting a yelp from the green-eyed boy that went unheard. He's never felt so trapped, and in something that was meant to be amazing. Marc noticed one of the guys on the team giving him a concerned look. His name was Devon, an exchange student from the states. He called out, 'Who wants soda?', getting a few cheers from the crowd, then he asked Lucien to help him get the five unopened 12-pack boxes. Marc has never felt so relieved in his life

That relief lasted for only two minutes when Lucien and Devon returned and started passing out the drinks. As the conversation continued, the kids playing seven minutes in heaven took their make-out game over to the team. Devon once again cast Marc a look of concern and tried to get as many people to go before him and Lucien. Then their turn came...

Marc was trapped once again with no way out. It started off with just kissing, some groping, but Marc managed to get Lucien's hands off of him. Then Lucien pinned him to the wall. He needed to get out of there.

Oh, Emerald, don't be like that.

We're boyfriends, Emerald, it's fine.

Don't you love me, Emerald?

He didn't, and he wanted out right now! Lucien's hands were wrapped around both of his wrists and held them above his head. Then he used his free hand to reach down and... And...

He really was Lucien's. There was no way out. He couldn't leave. He-

"Marc?"

The writer snapped out of it and looked at his surroundings. He was in Nathaniel's room. With Nathaniel. They were working on the comic. Marc's pencil was just hovering over a page in his journal. He was okay.

"Rainbow, are you okay?"

The nickname didn't sound possessive. He never used it against him. He treated the name like it was the most beautiful thing on earth.

"Are you thinking about him?"

Getting a nod in response, Nathaniel put down his pencil and held his arms out in contrast to just immediately hugging him, probably thinking Marc didn't want to be held after what happened yesterday. But with him, Marc felt safe in those arms, and he could pull away whenever he wanted to. He didn't.

"He won't hurt you again. Okay?"

With Nathaniel, Marc felt free, Free to speak up, to tell him when he was upset or uncomfortable. He loved him.