35. Why Do You Dare?

Chapter 35: Why Do You Dare?
.....................

It was late at night. Xiao Zhan stayed in his room watching the moon through the window. The words in his mind were as many as the stars.

Xiao Zhan went at the balcony and sat at the railing and let the wind pass him. 

Then he noticed two people. The other carrying the other. The one being carried seemed to be very weak. It was visible that they were looking for help. The person carrying the other knocked on the gate. Xiao Zhan kind of understood the person's mind when he saw the house.

The gate's distance to the front door is just too far. The person seemed hopeless. Xiao Zhan took the keys on his desk and jumped out of the window. He ran to the gate and opened it.

"Sizhui?"

"Mr. Xiao! I am deeply sorry for whatever grave mistake I have made against you. I apologise on behalf of Zanjin. But please, I beg you, help him..." Sizhui looked desperate. They had the same injuries but Jingyi didn't  carry it.

Xiao Zhan was shocked, he didn't know why he was apologising. He still doesn't know that it was Jingyi and Sizhui that tied up Wang Yibo."Come, get him inside"

They went inside, Jingyi needed water and food. His body was so weak, he couldn't stand the pain.

Xiao Zhan eased the pain and gave him water, for now he is too weak to eat anything.

After that, Xiao Zhan could see the smile on Sizhui's face. Then Sizhui looked at him with sincere eyes,

"I am sorry for troubling you at night. Thank you for helping us."

Xiao Zhan realized that Sizhui was also injured. And not so long after the realization, Sizhui passed out due to exhaustion.

*_*_*

"where am I?" Jingyi looked around and squinted his eyes. When he saw Xiao Zhan, he sat up properly and apologized.

"it's okay. You're strong enough to eat by now. You have to eat, your friend might be worried."

"what happened to him???" Jingyi knew that Sizhui would stay awake just for him and sleep only when he's assured that Jingyi is fine.

"don't worry, he's fine. He was just exhausted."

Xiao Zhan gave food to Jingyi. Jingyi was filled with gratitude. Sizhui slowly woke up. The first thing he did was look at Jingyi.

He thanked Xiao Zhan once more.

"How did the two of you end up this way?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Would you please promise to listen until the end... Please don't be impulsive." Sizhui said.

Jingyi was just there eating.

"I wont." Xiao Zhan replied.

"You remember that time that you rescued Mr. Wang? The two men guarding him was us."

Xiao Zhan's mind ran around the room.

"Mr. Zhu was mad when he came back with two bodies on the ground and the victim escaped. Haikuan-ge probably stopped him from hurting us. But we still ended up this way because Mr. Zhu is just too unreasonable."

"So he really is a person who is meant to be a villain."

Sizhui chuckled. "and... Now that you helped us, I think you should know that Mr. Wang is in danger."

Sizhui knows nothing about Yu Wen but he knew for sure that Zhu Zanjin holds a danger zone for Wang Yibo.

Xiao Zhan thought it was about Yu Wen. "Why do you dare betray them?"