3. Arcade

Chapter 3: Arcade

3rd person POV
..................

"You're blushing"

Xiao Zhan thought he heard wrong. He looked at Wang Yibo with wide eyes asking him to repeat what he said.

"Huh?"

"Your cheeks are red."

Xiao Zhan cupped his cheeks and placed his hands on the table. He felt his face getting warmer.

"No. I just have rosy cheeks" he tried to play it cool.

"Liar" Wang Yibo smiled. He looked at Xiao Zhan's lips and smirked. It looks quite soft.

"Is there something on my face?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"No. You're just beautiful."

"Please stop flattering me. Im too shy for this"

"Really?" Wang Yibo laughed. "I actually don't know why I called you here, I don't even know what to talk about"

"How bored can you be? You can just skate around the town" Xiao Zhan looked at the skateboard beneath Wang Yibo's feet.

"I always do that. What about you? What do you do?"

"Nothing. What's there to do? I just cook for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. On my free time I just use my phone"

"then let's  go to the arcade. I'll beat your record."

"I don't play at the arcade"

"well you used to. now let's go." Wang Yibo dragged him out of the cafe to the nearest arcade.

In every arcade, the first thing you'd notice is the claw machine. There were four claw machines with different kinds of stuff.

Wang Yibo placed two tokens and moved the joystick. Xiao Zhan watched closely with wide eyes like a kid.

"get it! get it! get it!" Xiao Zhan had his both hands clumped into a fist. He was cheering for no reason. Wang Yibo looked at him and smiled at his cuteness.

Did you really never go to an arcade?

Wang Yibo pressed a button, the claw opened and took whatever was under it.

"let me try!" Xiao Zhan didn't wait for Wang Yibo's reply and pushed him aside.

"yo. chill. I still have to take my prize" He bent down and took the stuffed toy from the outlet. He was about to get up but his eyes caught something.

Xiao Zhan's pants, yeah. There.

Fuck this kind of thinking. Then Wang Yibo saw something else, an ID card in his pocket. Most parts of the card was covered by the pocket so its only the upper part that he saw.

XZ-S34N:PRNC3. What does it mean?

The ID itself was strange, it was black and the text was Grey. From afar, it would look like a black card, but if you look closer, something is written. Wang Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan and stood up. Xiao Zhan was still struggling with the claw machine but his face was obviously telling Wang Yibo that he is enjoying.

Wang Yibo stood closer to him and held the joystick with Xiao Zhan's hand. "relax". That was all he said and Xiao Zhan payed attention. After more than a minute, they managed to pick up another stuffed toy.

"did you really never play at the arcade?" Wang Yibo finally asked.

"what do you think? I'm not interested but when I tried it it's fun." Xiao Zhan pouted.

"then I'll show you what's in the arcade." Wang Yibo took Xiao Zhan's wrist and dragged him at a basketball place.

"just help me shoot, I'm sure you know how to shoot a ball" Wang Yibo placed a few tokens and the ring started to move. Wang Yibo shot the balls continuously, Xiao Zhan did the same. None of their shots missed.

Wang Yibo has played these games for a long time. Xiao Zhan is just accurate, it's a skill he developed growing up.

When the time was up, they had trouble collecting the tickets, it was a very long line. Some people stared at them but they didn't mind.

After the fixed the tickets they went and tried another shooting game. This time, they're using a gun. Xiao Zhan smirked.

"Now this is something I'm good at" he mumbled.

Xiao Zhan inserted the tokens and they started playing. Wang Yibo was amazed with Xiao Zhan's accuracy. He started to doubt that this boy never went to the arcade. Or could it be that... it's a real skill of his?

Wang Yibo shook the thought off and played at his best. After the game, Xiao Zhan let out a breath.

"I haven't done that in months! hoowoh!" Xiao Zhan smiled at the ticket outlet. They collected it again and was stared at.

"I'll show you something I'm good at" Wang Yibo smiled and dragged Xiao Zhan to a certain spot. Wang Yibo inserted a few tokens and the music played.

He hit each beat perfectly, he copied the moves from the screen perfectly. Xiao Zhan was stunned with the person dancing. He didn't notice that a crowd has begun to build up. Some girls were recording and the others were just watching.

After the dance, Wang Yibo catched his breath and walked towards Xiao Zhan.

"how was it?" Wang Yibo asked.

"cool!" Xiao Zhan gave a thumbs up. "it was amazing"

"wanna try?"

"no. I'm not good at it. I might embarass myself"

"if you say so."

They spend several hours on the arcade and ended up having a bunch of tickets. They traded the tickets to two bags, the same brand, model, and color.

Xiao Zhan received a message from Yan Xujia. "brother Jiacheng is here at the cafe, he's looking for you"

Wang Yibo noticed how his face changed expressions. Xiao Zhan called Yan Xujia

XZ: How does he know that you know where I am?

YX: Well... I kinda slipped my tounge.

XZ: Aish. Just deny it!

YX: He's actually-----

Wu Jiacheng: Fucking come here! If you don't come I swear I'll find you.

XZ: Fuck you! then come find me!

WJ: Fine. You like it that way?!

The call ended and Xiao Zhan let out a breath. Wu Jiacheng is the reason why Xiao Zhan didn't want to go home. He hated looking at his face.

•••NOTE•••

Xiao Zhan has 3 siblings. In total, there are four of them. The first child will soon be revealed, the second is Wu Jiacheng. Xiao Zhan is third then Yan Xujia is the last.

Kindly inform me if there are any mistakes. Also, please feel free to ask questions.