2. Come Home

Chapter 2: Come Home

Xiao Zhan's POV
....................

Ahhsh. This kind of talk again. It's very annoying.

"Ge... Mother is already worried. You didn't come home for a long time." Xujia, my younger brother, informed me.

Yes, I did not go home for a year. But to know that mom is worried... I kind of want to see her. It's only my brother that I don't want to see, I'm okay with everyone in the house but not my other brother.

"Give me your phone." I showed my palm and he gave me his phone. Why do you have a password?! I handed his phone again and asked for him to unlock it. He smiled sheepishly and gave the unlocked phone back. I saw his wallpaper. That explains why.

His wallpaper is himself showing off his handsome face. This kid... I looked at him and continued my business. I went through his contacts and dialed our mother's number.

"Hello baby? I'm doing good okay? Stop worrying." My mother spoke. I missed her voice. Judging from her sentence, I could tell Xujia was taking care of her.

"Ma... It's me"

"Zhan? Zhan..." She sobbed.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too sweetie. Please come home"

"Ma, I'm sorry but I really don't want to. What about... Let's meet up? Okay? Let's have lunch together."

"Okay... Sweetie... I love you"

"Love you too ma."

The call ended, Xujia looked at me. Is there something on my face? I put my hand on my cheek and found out I dropped a tear. I smiled and told Xujia to drop me off at my place.

"Zhan-ge. Are you really not coming home?" Xujia asked my when we entered my place. Since I left the house, he looked for me and apologized on behalf of my brother. We have always been the best brothers for each other ever since we were kids. Every week, he visits me and asks how I was doing.

"Xujia... I already told you, I don't want to go back there. Maybe I would want to go there but not now. I'm still not over it."

"Okay..."

Silence filled the room for a few minutes. I stood up and cooked for lunch. I cooked several foods. Xujia helped me prepare the table and he called mom  to direct her where to go. As soon as I finished cleaning the kitchen and tidying myself, the doorbell rang.

I ran to the door and opened it. Mom is here... She bursted into tears and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. It was only a year but mom missed me so much, I feel bad making her worry about me.

"Ma, crying makes you ugly." I wiped the tears off her cheeks. She chuckled.

"You bad boy. Let's eat." Mom smiled and went to the dining table. She looked at the foods and smiled wider. I took a piece of meat and placed it in her bowl. She ate it, I stared at her, waiting for her reaction. I could feel Xujia was doing the same, he was beside me.

Mom's face lit up. "It tastes really good! Baby, here have some. Sweetie, your cooking skills are great! C'mon, eat! Let's eat" she placed some meat in our bowls and a few of the other dishes. It feels good being complimented by your parents. I smiled and started eating.

"Zhan. Can I stay here for the night?"

"Why? Besides, papa will be worried."

"I just want to spend more time with you, if possible I would also live with you but they will miss me too."

"Me too! Me too! I also want to stay here tonight!" Xujia raised his hand and swallowed the food in his mouth before speaking. Mom looked at me and I looked at Xujia. I agreed that they would stay the night.

After we finished eating, Xujia washed the plates and we played games after. Mom watched us play a video game and laughed along with who ever wins the game. We stopped playing and I received a message.

"Hi. It's me, the one at the cafe. Are you free?"

The one at the cafe? It took me a while to remember who he was. It was Wang Yibo, the handsome dude at the cafe.

"Tomorrow. I'm kinda busy today"

"It's okay. Do you wanna have coffee? Let's meet at the same cafe tomorrow morning"

"Sure."

I wonder why he wants to meet up with me? I'm not gonna do anything tomorrow anyway. I feel like I shouldn't go because he's a stranger, but strangely, I want to go.

Mom cooked for dinner and she sang a lullaby for me and Xujia as if we were still kids. Mom sat in between us, Xujia on the right and me on the left. She made sure we were asleep before lying down. She really missed the days when we were young.

The next day, mom left after having breakfast. Xujia accompanied me to his cafe. Yes, my little brother owns that cafe.

"Are you gonna meet someone? You usually visit me there, but now I'm with you"

"Yes I am gonna meet someone."

"Who?"

"A friend."

"Whatever."

He drove the car to the cafe. He went to the second floor of the cafe when he saw who I was meeting. Why did he go upstairs?

Wang Yibo smiled at me. I smiled back at him and sat down.

"Who was that person with you?" He asked and took a sip from his coffee.

"My younger brother"

He nodded repeatedly and spoke again.

"How old are you?"

"Im 23, what about you?"

"21"

"Why did you want to have coffee with me? Do you wanna tell me something or...?"

"I just want to stare at you."

Did I hear it wrong? He what? He just wants to stare at me? What a weird man. But why do I find it flattering. I chuckled.

"You're blushing"

Again. Did I hear it wrong? What did he say?

•••NOTE•••

In the next chapters I will be using Xujia's full name. Yan Xujia is Xiao Zhan's younger brother, they are siblings but I won't change his last name. It would be weird if I say Xiao Xujia when I'm used to "Yan Xujia"

Kindly inform me if there are mistakes. Also, please free to ask questions.