Obanai Iguro x reader

This was requested by @ChloeValle1

I apologize if this was too OOC. I'm not too familiar with Obanai as a character.    

Second Person POV

Staring up at the azure sky, you noticed how there were very few clouds blocking the view of the bright sun. Closing your already half-lidded eyes, the rays of the sun slightly penetrated your eyelids, greeting your vision with the colour of the pink flesh above. Sighing happily to yourself, you slowly began to let your consciousness fade, gradually letting yourself fall into a short slumber. After letting your muscles loosen, your drowsiness began to take over you, letting the facial expression you held relax from the amount of stress you had been bearing.  As the cloudiness you purposely tried to succumb edged closer, you felt your body feel lighter as if it were equivalent to the mass of a feather. As you felt your body reaching its dreamland, a dark shadow covered the bright sun before you, blocking all sources of sunlight from tanning your slightly pale skin. 

"You're coming with me," the shadow stated rather annoyed. Picking you up by the waist, you tried wiggling out of the hands of your abductor but to no avail. "Let go of me," you said, finally opening your eyes to see the heterochronic ones of your beloved. "Oh, it's just you." Loosening the grip of his hands as you had calmed down, he placed you back onto your feet. Turning away, he began walking in the opposite direction in which you were trying to sleep before. As if he had told you to follow him, you quickly caught up to him, expecting him to slow his pace before stopping abruptly causing you to crash into his shoulder. "What was that for?!" you exclaimed, roughly pulling him back only to receive a glare in return. "You will follow me until I say stop, understand?" he turned back only hear your frustrated sigh in the background. Truth be told he had completely understood where you were coming from. As you had just came back from a hectic mission, he knew you merited a well-deserved rest but as a result of his overthinking, he decided it would be best to find another way in which he believed you could have relaxed. 

Speedily catching up to the raven-haired male, you rolled your eyes, irritated that he would dare disturb you in such a desperate time. The bags under your eyes could also speak for you as they had grown quite dark throughout the week. Huffing slightly, you redirected your gaze to someplace else, focusing on very subtle details about where you were headed; the cherry blossoms that flew from above, the pale dirt in which you stood, and the sound of streaming water. You were tempted to fall asleep right then and there but as a result of your raven-haired boyfriend, you'd think that it would impossible. Taking a step back, you yawned into the palm of your hand, watching as the cherry blossoms glide as soon as they touched the clear water of the pond. "We're almost there," he stated rather dryly. "Took us long enough," you said, rolling your eyes. 

Truth be told, you were torn between taking your well-deserved nap or spending time with your significant other, you knew for a fact that you were one of the only things he had ever grown to cherish which is why you always made it a priority to stay by his side, but lately, you've been going on more missions, tiering you more than usual causing your guys' alone time to become almost non-existent. You'd like to be true to your feelings and tell him how you felt about the whole ordeal but you knew deep down, you were just being childish. You were a grown adult now, you weren't supposed to act like a love-sick puppy. You had your own priorities and your priorities needed you so if that meant having to put a hold on your relationship, maybe that would have been best. 

As you looked before you, you saw the man of your dreams. He wasn't anywhere near the handsome some girls would demand their future spouse have, his personality wasn't anywhere near approachable and his scar just made it all worse. He wondered how someone like you could tolerate him. He had always believed he wasn't deserving of you, all of this just proved his point. Someone like him should have never been able to be set near you so why would you let him? Sure, you could act rather bluntly at times but others, he couldn't even explain. The amount of kindness you displayed before others, the amount of admiration you had for others and the never-ending care you put into your position as a Hashira never seemed to surprise him. You were always adored by everyone with that sort of personality which is why he believed you were too good for him. He knew you would never tell him anything of the sort but he had to try to prove himself. He had to try to be someone in which you could always depend on for the rest of your life. If doing this minuscule gesture could possibly lead up to that, he sure as hell would be taking it. 

"We're here," he stated, grabbing your hand. "I know you like the view of the cherry blossoms in the spring when they first start to bloom so I decided that we could look at them from here." He gestured to the view of the high mountain in which you stood. With wide eyes, you held your lips agape as your eyes sparkled. As you looked to the left of you, you saw a little picnic set. It looked like it was set for two people, one cup and saucer on either side of the pale blue cloth. "Obanai, what is all of this?" you questioned holding a hand in front of your mouth. You couldn't tell if this was reality or simply a dream. The fatigue you had tried to embraced earlier must have played a part in what you currently looking at. Mesmerized by the sight before you, you didn't spare so much as a glance towards the raven-haired male. 

Clearing his throat, he caught you off guard. "I know you've been busy lately so I thought it would be a good idea to arrange a picnic date," he mumbled, rubbing his nape. Looking at the male, you cried unrealistically. "That's so sweet of you! See, this is why I love you!" you exclaimed happily, running up to him to give him a big kiss on the cheek. Blushing slightly, he placed two fingers on where you had just kissed before ushering you to sit on one of the small picnic cushions he had placed down hours before. 

As the two of you conversed, you couldn't express how happy you were to be finally relaxing and spending dream-like time with the man you adore. "Hey, Obanai?" you said, finishing off the remainder of the mochi you had in your mouth. "What?" he asked, putting his full attention on listening to you. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" 

"Yes, a little too many." He smiled.