Inosuke Hashibira x Reader

This was requested by @tiredbnha. 

Hope you enjoy. 

After I finished making this I realized that this didn't even sound like Inosuke- 

Second Person POV 

As you ascended to the top of the hill you rested your hand on the back of the boar boy's back trying to catch your breath. You had no idea as to why Inosuke would ask you to come train with him. You weren't even a demon slayer for crying out loud. First, your stamina was garbage because you barely went outside to gaze upon the beauty of this corrupted planted, and whenever you did it was to go around picking up medical supplies for Shinobu since you work under her. 

"Inosuke, why did you bring me here?" You questioned still huffing and puffing from before. 

As you kept staring at him for a response you waited and waited but never received one. Was he trying to mess with you; you didn't like this one bit. As you tried to process what was happening you could only create a fitting hypnosis for this current situation: he was breaking up with you.  

I mean it was like piecing pieces of a puzzle together; it made sense. The first piece would be when he would constantly ignore you and try to make up an excuse as to why he couldn't stay for long, then there were times he would arrive home really late at night; it was either that he was trying to come home when you were sleeping so he didn't have to talk to you, or he was cheating on you. 

You didn't want to belive the last statement though, you would be heartbroken if he was, you had spent so much time trying to win over his love and affection and when he gave it to you you were overjoyed. To know he might have not felt the same love he had once shown you broke you into what seemed to be a million pieces, you loved him so much; you would do anything for him, yet if he felt if the two of you were incapable of being a couple anymore then you'd have to face the truth. 

 "Hey," you spoke up trying to hold in your tears, "If you want to break up with me then that's fine, you didn't have to bring me up here to do it." 

As your eyes widened you thought of something else. Could it have been that he was embarrassed about being with you, he probably brought you up here because he didn't want to embarrass you in front of everyone else at the butterfly estate. 

"You could have just told me you were embarrassed about being around me, I mean who wouldn't be, I'm not even a demon slayer; all I do is take care of the patience Shinobu doesn't have time for-" you were cut by Inosuke placing his hand over your mouth. 

"What are you even talking about? Why would I break up with you? Why would I be embarrassed to hang around with someone as kind, caring, and cute as you?" He questioned.

Wait, if he wasn't going to break up with you then why had he brought you up here to talk? 

"Now you're just making me confused? Inosuke, if something going on?"

"No- well yes, I'm just really confused about my feelings right now, I've been feeling more attached to you lately, I feel as if I want to have you constantly by my side. I've been so confused in fact that I had asked Gonpachiro to help but all he said was that maybe I should take our relationship to the next level. I don't know what he meant by that though," he said honestly as he took his mask off seeing as though the situation was getting more serious. 

The next level? Was Tanjiro telling him to ask me to marry him? Did he want to marry me?

"Oh," was the only thing that could come out of your mouth. 

You had honestly thought it wasn't in your place to tell Inosuke what to do because you thought if you did then he would think he was deeply in love with you whereas he wasn't and when he finally figured it out, it would be too late for him to turn back. 

As you stood there twiddling with your fingers out of nowhere Inosuke took your hands in his and began to talk. 

First, he began to say things about how his feelings for you had grown immensely during the time that you had together; then he said things about how he thought it was time for a change, and that the type of change he was talking about was good changed. 

Then what shocked you the most was when he got down on one knee, of course, he hadn't prepared a ring or anything, it was just him spewing words that you never knew he was physically able to say. 

"(Y/n)," he began. 

"I know I'm not the type of person who should be saying things like this because I'm not really the brightest when it comes to things like this but still, I wanted to tell you anyway."

Once again talking in one last deep breath he said as he voiced the words you had so badly wanted to hear. 

"I love you, every night I think about you, I try and try to become a better person for you; I try to become someone you can be proud of so I always thought training was something I needed to do in order for me to protect you. Not so long ago I found out that I was weak; I found out that I couldn't hold up in a battle which is why every night I came back from training you though I was fooling around with other chicks. I had made you worry about me when I should have been the one worrying about you. (Y/n) if there is one thing I know for certain, it's that I want to marry you. What do you say? Will you marry me?" 

As tears began to flow down your face you could only nod and whisper a small 'yes'. How could you have been so blind? How could you have not felt his love like how it emanated off of him now?

"How could I have said no to you, I love you Inosuke Hashibira."