Rengoku Kyojuro x Reader

Second Person POV

You sat within your plain Japanese styled room you as you played with the hair of the flame Hashira who sat in front of you. 

You enjoyed the silence between the two of you, it was times like these which you really liked because the only people present were you and him. Sometimes he'd tell you stories about different missions he's gone on, and when he told you he thought it wasn't something you wanted to hear, you would always joke around saying how every word that came out of his mouth was like music to your ears.

Today wasn't one of those days for both he and yourself had gone a mission which took up most of your energy, so by the time you had gotten home and taken a shower you insisted the two of you relax and do something that calmed you down.

Just having you touch each strange of his hair while you braided it made him happy. He loved it when you did this because it felt as if the only thing fixated on your mind was him. He loved you so much, he would do practically anything to satisfy your needs and it was the same for you too. 

As he thought about how time was a precious thing and that potentially one day he could die on the battlefield having left you behind only made him feel sick to the core. As much as it sounded strange he wanted to leave you behind with something he thought was a gift or a thank you for you being there for him. He wanted to give you the opportunity to become the mother of his future child hence the ring he had placed within the pocket of his pants. 

As he twiddled with his fingers he started to developed a strange feeling, one he hadn't felt in a long time. Kyojuro Rengoku had become nervous, it wouldn't have been strange if it was any other person but for Rengoku to feel nervous it would be quite the surprise. 

He was always the type of person to jump into battle knowing that the outcome could be life or death but even so he charged forward as if nothing fazed him at all. Even if all of this was true Rengoku was still a human who faced feelings just as anyone else would, it was just some in which he hadn't gotten used to. 

As he was about to open his mouth to begin a little speech he prepared he felt your hands leave his hair. He always felt a little sad when you did so because the warmth that emanated from your hands when you did so made him feel complete.

"All done," you said rather chipper as you rested your head on his back indicating you were tired.  

Realizing he wouldn't get another chance to tell you Rengoku tuned around making sure he placed your head on the front of his chest. By doing so your full concentration was now placed on him rather than the well-needed sleep you wished for. 

As you realized his sudden change in position without looking up you tiredly posed a question, "Is everything alright Kyojuro?"

"Yes, everything is alright I just have something I want to get off my chest, would you mind listening?" Nodding you told him he didn't have to ask you to listen because whenever he spoke a small piece of heaven ran through your ears. 

This had been the reason he had loved you so much, your kind attitude reminded him of his deceased mother, whenever you wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be okay you always said something wise, just as his mother would tell him the importance of his life. 

Clearing his throat he began to speak, "(Y/n) I fear one day I will go on a mission and on that same day I won't come back to you. As much as this thought has come running past my head I never wanted to think about it because leaving you is something I deem to be a sin, I love you so much my mind can't even process the thought of making you sad," taking in a deep breath he reached within his pockets searching for the ring he had purchased for you.

"I believe you're the one I want to spend the rest of my days with, I believe you're the one who would be the bearer of my children, but as much as I would like that, I would need to ask you one question first."

Revealing the ring he had been clenching onto during the little speech you looked at him as if this wasn't real life as if you were in a dream. 

"With all the love I come to you with, (Y/n) (L/n), will you give me the honor of being my wife?"

Frozen in on the floor you were sitting on you didn't know how to reply, you had been hurt by so many people before, first, it was your father who abused both you and your mother, then when he eventually past your mother was so traumatized by the situation she had begun to blame everything you saying it was your fault he did this and that you should have never been born.

So for someone to willingly come up to you and tell you they loved you and wanted to marry you was like a dream one true. 

"I will," was all that left your lips as tears streamed down your face. At that very moment, Rengoku took hold of you telling you that your marriage was one that was going to be filled with joy and laughter. 

It was also at that moment you began to engrave the words he whispered to you into your brain, making sure you'd never forgot any of it. 

While sitting down with your arms wrapped around him the only thing you could think was, I love you too, Kyojuro Rengoku.