Demon!Tanjiro Kamado x Reader

I apologize if this one-shot of demon Tanjiro is a little too OOC. 

This was requested by @Lazyorangeweeb. 

Second Person POV

Staring at you with his feline-like iris' he questioned whether or not you were dead. There was no bloodied scenery within your premises nor was there any scent of blood around your body. As he got closer he could see the sword in which you held to the left side of your waist, assuming that you were a demon hunter he quickly but diligently attempted to take the sword away from you; already know it was most likely created by Nichirin. What he didn't expect though was that the person who laid face first on the ground would have awakened from their slumber. 

Quickly you swatted his hand away, already knowing what to do next. As the cool breeze and the rays of the luminous moon wasn't there to try to put you back to sleep you grabbed the scabbard of your blade and formed a stance Tanjiro knew all too well, as you were about to attack the demon in front of you a demon with similar facial features as the one before you ran to stand in front of him. 

Examining her closely you soon realized the girl held a bamboo muffler within her mouth, it seemed as though she wasn't going to take it off any time soon. Looking at her questioningly you wondered how she was supposed to eat humans with something like that stuck before her mouth, it looked to be highly secured around her head too.  

Lowering your sword you tried to reassure her that you meant no harm, only if she didn't harm you in return. "I won't hurt you." Backing up you raised your empty hands, a friendly smile on your face, taking a few steps closer towards the demon with the pink Haori. As you rested your hand against her cheek you slowly caressed it, trying to make it seem as though you weren't there to fight nor to cause any trouble. 

Nuzzling into the palm of your hand she gestured her brother over. As she began to 'speak' to her brother, you wondered how he was able to comprehend what she was saying, as the noice she was making were muffled by the muzzle. Nodding in agreement he walked up to you, extending one of his hands out he spoke, "Sorry for alarming you, I didn't know why you were face-first on the floor so I thought you were dead." 

Looking up at the taller boy you smiled sweetly at him, ignoring the fact that this was a demon speaking to you. "It's fine really, I have a bad habit which tends to make me fall asleep at random. Surprisingly I never tend to fall asleep on missions; I'm kinda grateful for that," you giggled, rubbing your nape. 

As he shook his head the light of the moon reflected onto his face creating a sort of glow for his merlot-coloured eyes. As his smile shown even brighter than before his sharp fangs now became visible. For a demon he was adorable, it was as if he embodied human characteristics. "So... Why are you here?" You questioned cocking your head to the side.

"I want to turn both my sister and me back into humans! I want to make it so she can experience the light of day!" You could practically hear the determination radiating off of the young demon boy. To you it was comforting, knowing that there could have possibly been demons somewhere in the world like these one, demons that weren't present to fight or kill humans. 

"We seriously need more demons like you," you said sighing, shaking your head in disapproval as you laid back down on the floor, this time with your arms crossed acting like a pillow for your head to rest on. As the demon boy in front of you saw your tranquil expression as you gazed up at the night sky, he too laid down beside you motioning for his sister to come as well. 

As your attention was pulled away from the sparkling stars above you your attention was redirected towards the stranger beside you. "So what's your name anyway? I'm (Y/n), I'm not too into formalities so I don't really care about telling you my last name," you spoke motioning for the two of them to answer. "I'm Tanjiro and beside me is Nezuko, unlike me, she can't speak."

As your eyes softened you spoke, "It must be kind of lonely without anyone to talk to, no?" "You're right there, though it doesn't matter because I'm never really alone, you know? Sometimes it does get lonely without getting to have a proper conversation with anyone but, beggars can't be choosers," he replied sighing lightly to himself. This was one of the longest conversations he's had in a while where it wasn't just him talking to himself, it wasn't much really but he quite frankly didn't want this to end.

Jumping up you looked down at him, "Well, how about we make a promise?" You held out your hand. "Sure," he replied taking it. "Whenever night falls I promise to always be by your side, even if we're stranger and I barely know a thing about you I just have this feeling that's telling me you're not going to do anything I'll regret." 

If giving him a chance to talk wasn't already enough who knows what types of endless possibilities you could provide him with, nodding his smile widened. There wouldn't be any more sad days for him, finally, he'd get someone to enjoy his time with, it didn't even matter if he had to wait for night to fall, knowing that there was somebody like you waiting for him on the other side of the dark world he lived in only made him feel complete.

And to think that all of this had occurred because he found you sleeping on the cold ground too; it only made him wonder whether or not the world had other strange things to come, and even if those things weren't the best, all he could do was pray that it'd be okay with you by his side.