Inosuke Hashibira x Reader

(Insosuke is best girl, fight me-)

Second Person POV

A fatal injury, one that could put someone's life at risk. Due to the luck of the anti-social girl named (Y/n) (L/n) she was bedridden for a couple of days preventing her team that consisted of 3 boys and 1 demon girl to stop their travels.

She had honestly felt so bad about it, after telling Tanjiro that your injury wasn't that bad and you would live even if another demon attacked you he didn't accept your statement, he knew you were lying through your teeth because when you had walked towards them from inside the drum house (I'm sorry I don't know what it's called, the arc is call drum house so I'm just going to call it that.) you weren't able to walk properly, it had almost looked like you had lost a lot of blood, not that you didn't though because you were as pale as the white snow that rained down when it was time for the cold winter season.

Deciding it would best to find some sort of place to stay for the night the four of you climbed a mountain to be met with a door with a  Wisteria crest painted on it. As you examined the door an old lady came out introducing herself as Hisa. As she lead you inside her estate Inosuke and Zenitsu were immediately rude to her, while Inosuke poked her hair, Zenitsu kept calling her a monster due to how fast she could prepare meals and places to sleep. 

Noticing your health she took it upon herself to call a doctor to not only examine you but also the three other boys who were present. As the doctor came back he came baring bad news, thankfully the boys had broken ribs which to them was okay, the only person who wasn't in check was Zenitsu. He kept yelling for Tanjiro and Inosuke to apologize to him which the sweet boy did while the boar head didn't.

The news that was most shocking was when the doctor began to talk about you, you had lost so much blood you were diagnosed with a condition called hypovolemic shock. Hypovolemic shock is when your heart doesn't have enough blood pumping which leads to organ and tissue damage. 

The boys didn't cope well with the newly received news, Tanjiro kept telling you that with a little bit of rest you would be good as new, whereas Zenitsu kept yelling that his future wife was dying and that he'd never get married. The most surprising thing though was when Zenitsu began his big fit, Inosuke wasn't yelling back at him telling him to stop.

It was strange because the only movement that could be seen was his hands shaking slightly. The only thought running through his head as if you were okay. 

...

He didn't understand why but whenever you were around him this foreign feeling would consume him. His face would become all red and whenever you place your small hand on his broad shoulder he would begin to freak out, as one who is always wearing a mask God forbid if someone takes it off because if someone did at that very moment they would soon understand why Inosuke always shied away from you. 

When the doctor gave everyone the clear to go see you they all rushed towards your room. 

There you slept with a hot towel placed against your sweaty forehead, the only thing that anyone who was in the room could hear was the unconscious panting you had been making, with your face all red the people in the room could only question what type of pain you were going through. 

When it came time to eat Tanjiro told everyone that it would be best if they stopped thinking about you for a while. With all that had happened, it would only be safe to ensure that their wounds would also heal. 

As dinner died down and everyone made their way to where their futons were placed they had quickly fallen asleep due to how long and tiresome their day was. Both Tanjiro and Zenitsu fell asleep quite quickly leaving Inosuke wide awake still thinking about your hurt form.

Sighing he got up and dragged both his futon and pillow with him, as he got towards the door in which you were held in he couldn't help but take a deep breath before entering. 

Placing his futon next to yours he lied down and stared at your closed eyelids. How could you have been so beautiful while unconscious? How had he been so blind when it came to you? As he thought about you more it was like he was piecing a puzzle together, he had always been one to look around his surroundings so whenever he saw two people together holding hands or kissing he knew the feelings those people felt for each other was love. 

He had now finally figured out his feelings for you, he loved you. He had now just figured this out because without your presence it made him feel empty, somehow it made him feel alone. Even when he was surrounded by people without you it just wasn't right. 

Taking your small hand in his larger one he clutched it, hoping his warmth somehow made you feel better. Which it did, due to the amount of blood loss you have faced your body had rendered itself cold, leading you, yourself cold with it. 

It seemed as though holding your hand and being by your side helped him relax because when very little time passed he had fallen asleep. 

...

When morning passed by Inosuke woke up to you sitting up still holding his hand staring down at him, smiling slightly. It was nice to know the boy in which you had taken a liking too held your hand while you slept. 

"Good morning," you greeted sweetly.

Blushing slightly he carefully removed his hand from yours making sure he somehow didn't hurt you by the sudden movement. Rubbing his tired eyes he yawned trying his best not to look like a grumpy grandpa who had just awaken from his 3-year coma. 

"Morning," he replied looking away slightly. 

As the two of you discussed what type of condition you were in and if you were okay, the two other boys could hear giggles and chuckles from the room next door to theirs. Zenitsu being one to get jealous easily made his way over towards the door which separated him and both of his comrades. 

Making sure Zenitsu didn't interrupt the conversation that was going inside of the room next-door Tanjiro grabbed in by the arms and lead him back towards their room. Telling him that Inosuke was never one to keep quiet in a conversation so this was a special moment.

As time passed the two of you began to talk more and more often, you had gotten along with him so well whenever you wanted him to quiet down when he was yelling at Zenitsu or Tanjiro he would listen which was amazing to the two of them

It was amazing to know that one person cared and respected Inosuke even with his odd and rude behaviour.

Who knows what time had in store for the both of you. 

_______________