CHAPTER 12

••••

••••

"What do you think they have to do?" I asked Jax.

"No idea."

"Hmm. . . .they shouldn't let Potter compete though! This favouritism to him is really annoying!"

"I know. . .and they stopped us from wearing the badges too!" He murmured.

"Well those badges were stupid. . .Potter stinks? really? Couldn't you all have come up with something better than that?"

"You don't say!"

I chuckled as we reached the stands and spotted Tracey and Blaise. I quickly turned to Jack,"Don't worry! I'll sit with you! You just enjoy the tournament alright?"

"I'm okay even if they start making out right here" He smiled.

"I won't let them!! Ugh! Come" We went up to sit beside Tracey. I sat between Tracey and Jax as usual and Blaise was on the other side of Tracey. I saw Fred and George giving out bets nearby and when they came towards us, I just threw my gaze down, hoping they didn't talk to me but I was out of luck.

"Hey D! How have you been?" Fred's voice hit me.

"Oh hey Freddie! I've been great. You?"

"Same old same old. Let's meet at our place tonight? We haven't talked in so long. Yeah?"

"Uh yeah sure!' I smiled as they went ahead.

"He's still not talking to you?" Jack whispered to me.

"It wasn't my fault so he can talk to me when he gets some sense!"

"You're not wrong. . .but-"

"Jack! Drop it!"

"Wha- Fine!"

The champions had to fight Dragons as the first task!! For the first time ever, I felt bad for Potter. I didn't think that it was him who put his name in the goblet. He had no reason to. . .he was already bloody famous.

Diggory transformed a rock into a dog to distract the dragon and I almost snorted at his action. . .smart move no doubt but the Dragon was smarter and gave him a slight burn before getting the golden egg. He was taken to a nearby tent for treatment. Krum straight out blinded the dragon and Fleur did something even more unusual. She put the Dragon to sleep with a doll. Classic champions. Then Harry came out. He was much smaller than the other champions but in no way was he weak. He accio'd his broom and left the stadium for a while. I thought the Dragon had fried him but he came back and got the egg. Party for Gryffindors there.

**

"I thought you were going to meet the Weasleys tonight?" Came a voice from the enterance of the common room.