9. as one

The light fades and my vision come's back, Aiden is sitting on the bed carving a long wooden chain, he doesn't look up, keeping his attention on the chain-link he is smoothing out.

"You knew, didn't you?" I ask.

"That they wouldn't see you? That you couldn't stay there? Yeah, I did, but you never would have taken my word for it, I guess it's one of those things you need to learn for yourself. Our magic can't stay in that world for long, depending on how you go there, depends on the time limit, and even your great and powerful light magic can't stay there." he says.

"What do you mean? There's another way?" I ask.

"Of course, how do you think you got there in the first place and managed to stay for the last seventeen years? Though, I doubt you could do it again for anywhere near that long, if at all." he says, casually with a shrug.

"You knew I wanted to go back home. Why would you keep this from me, if it gets rid of me? I know that's what you want more than anything!" I shout a little louder than I intend, he drops his chain resting it in his lap, and leans forward.

"Don't speak of things you know nothing about." he hisses at me.

"How can you say that to me? Every chance you get, you taunt me or ignore me, I don't know what I ever did to make you hate me so much, but for me...." I think for a moment about how I want to say this...

"I don't hate you at all Aiden, I have tried but I just don't, even when you are being your usual ass self." he cocks an eyebrow at me for calling him an ass, but doesn't say anything so I continue.

"The way you are with your people, the way you are with the creatures you interact with, I just wish you would be that way with.... Me." I admit in almost a whisper, lowering my head to look at my hands.

"You always found a way to surprise me just as I am done with how rotten you are to me. You show a glimpse of your soft side and I just can't be mad." he seems amused by my words, since I am holding my heart out to him, it is starting to annoy me, but still, he stays quiet.

"Aiden! I am bearing my heart out to you, can you please stop,

Is this a big joke to you!" I ask angrily.

"Don't say that, I'm listening to you." Aiden bites back.

"Every word I say, you are looking at me like I'm being stupid."

"Not once did I say that!" he argues back.

This is always how all our conversations go, I thought this time it would be a little more civil!" I throw back at him in a huff.

"Then why did you try to run away?" he asks, bringing the decibels of the argument back down.

"I overheard the conversation you were having with your father in his study, no matter how I felt, I figured you would be happier if I was gone." I say honestly, he runs his hand through his black hair exasperated.

"That's why you left?" he asks.

"That's not what you think it was." he says shaking his head. I cross my arms.

"Then explain how I miss heard you." I snap.

"Oh, I'm not saying you miss heard me I'm saying it's not what you think." he retorts.

"How is that any different." I snap again.

He says nothing.

"If there is another way for me to go home tell me and I won't be a problem for you anymore." I say quietly.

"Do you really want to run away from me that badly? Do you really remember NOTHING AT ALL?" he bellows at me jumping to his feet.

"Remember what?" I reply shocked, he exhales....

"Nothing, forget it." he says completely defused.

"No, I won't. What did you mean by that?" I snap.

He turns his gaze from mine, running his hands through his hair again. I don't know what to say to him. What does he want from me?

Frustrated he throws his hands down at his side's, fists clenched and storms over to where I'm standing and stops right in front of me, he looks at me for a moment.

"You need to stop jumping to conclusions," he says sharply, and at that moment he grabs my face, pinning it between his hands and kisses me hard.

His sudden assault takes me by surprise. I feel his need for me in the desperation of his kiss, my mind has gone blank, I realize my need for him too.

I raise my shaking hands to his shoulders gliding them up and around him, deepening our kiss, his right-hand slides down my face, my neck, over my shoulder, and down my back, wrapping around my waist pulling me tight against him, as his tongue invades my mouth.

My head is light, filled with nothing but him and all the sensations burning through my body. I tighten my grip around his neck sliding my left hand down his back, he walks forward pushing me backward until I feel the bed at the back of my legs. slowly he lowers me down onto the bed, not taking his mouth from mine.

We are holding each other so tightly needing more than our bodies will allow, we are so lost in each other we don't notice our magic leaving us.

It hovers above our intertwined forms. Purple and blue blend together like a colorful mist shimmering above us. It pulses brighter and brighter sparkling like diamonds, Our mist of color explodes, raining down on us in an explosive fireworks display.