When her hard eyes land on me, it's like I'm staring at a different person. I have no doubt this woman is ever bit as ruthless as her reputation declares.

This isn't the woman who carefully surveyed my injured hand last night--before dousing it in fire--but I can't argue that it doesn't hurt today at all because of her actions. This also isn't the woman who was just inside that sitting room, making sure I gained as much pleasure from my first experience with anal play as possible. 

Which one is the real Fenty? Do I even want to know? Does it matter?

The questions stay with me as Scar hands me the hood and silently carries me away. I tell myself I'm imagining it, but I swear I can feel Robyn's gaze burn into my back as we leave.

_________________

"I don't think we'll have any trouble giving you a little more leeway on your line of credit while you wait for that check to come through, Ms. Maraj."

Joe Budden delivers his opinion to my chest rather than to my eyes, and I don't know whether I want to curse Robyn for leaving my nipples perpetually hard or thank her, because that ridiculous fact might have just bought Seven Sinners a little more time.

I sink back into my chair with a sigh of relief, and the movement shifts the plug in my ass. I paste a smile on my face, not that it matters because Budden is still staring at my boobs. "I appreciate the consideration. We have several other promising proposals out for bid that will no doubt lead to additonal large payments on the line of credit and on the principal of our loan."

Budden finally raises his gaze to my eyes. "Excellent to hear. We'll look forward to seeing those payments in the near futer. And .  .  . you know, we should probably get another meeting on the calendar as a check-in before I leave. Perhaps next time over dinner?"

My banker is not asking me on a date. That's seriously not happening.

"I can get us a great table at Galatoire's any time."

Yes. Yes, he is. Great.

How do I reply to this delicately? I don't want him reconsidering the deal he just struck with my boobs---I mean, me. I scramble for a diplomatic answer.

"I think I'll be working into the night for some time just to make absolutely sure Seven Sinners stays as profitable as I know it's going to be for a long time to come."

Budden smiles. "Then how about dinner in the restaurant upstairs? Surely the boss gets to take time to eat in her own establishment?"

He's not going to let me get out of this easily, is he?

"Of course. It's my humble opinion that Jennifer rivals the best chefs in town."

"Great. Then how about tomorrow night?"

I smile while gritting my teeth. The man doesn't understand the word subtle in the least. "Let me check with my assistant. She knows my calendar better than I do. I'll get back to you on that."

"Good. I'll expect a call from you tomorrow." He hands me his card.

"My phone number is on here as well. Only my favorite clients get this one."