𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮. cat's got your.. leg?

𝑵𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑮𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒚 & 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒏. Molly had come in to wake the trio up, but the blonde was too worried to even sleep last night. She had actually spent most of her time in the sanctuary trying to drink enough warm milk to fall asleep, but it didn't even phase her adrenaline.

So as she was sitting on her bed, a playful smirk upon her face as Ginny shared a glare with Hermione, directed solely at her and her energy in today- she wondered if she really had to let this happen. Maybe she could tell Arthur to cancel the cup.

But, as much as she wanted to, she knew she couldn't. If the death eaters caught wind of someone thwarting their plan so early, there would be no way she could do anything to prevent something that happened out of context. So she just had to suck it up, even if it meant that her friends had to go through this.

Yeah.. this was proving to be more difficult than she thought.

As the three got dressed in the clothes they picked to wear the night before, Nettie bit her lip, she really needed to say something. But to who?

Deciding to figure it out later, she headed out the door with a dark green bag over her shoulder, a yellow windbreaker, black tights and knee-high black converse. Not really the best idea for walking, especially with her walking leg, but it was comfortable and cute, so she bore through it.

Typical girl thing, yes, but who was she to deny an awesome pair of converse?

Tying her hair up into two half ponytails, she made sure she had everything. Green spirit wear? Check. An extra leg meant for running? Check. A water bottle? Check.

Crossing off items in the mental list of her head, she sighed, sitting back on the couch in the living room. Wyrm came over to say hello, and even in the dark morning hours, she could still see his pleading eyes.

With a smile and the shake of her head, she muttered, "See? I knew we would be great friends. Of course you can come along, but you'll need to stay close to me. Merlin knows how many people despise cats."

Wyrm mewled in agreement, and the girl chuckled as she placed him carefully on her shoulder. The two watched the living room as it slowly became filled with people- some morning lovers, and some quite so obviously not.

"Right then!" Arthur nodded, grinning at the collected family around fifteen minutes later. Harry Potter, whom she'd yet to meet, was standing besides Ron and Hermione in the corner of the kitchen.

Linette chose not to say anything until he noticed her. It was much easier that way.

And so, the group headed into the fresh air, the blonde being the first out of the Burrow. Skipping off with a hop in her step, she and Arthur led the group down the trail by the river.

At first it was a bit awkward for the small feline attached to her shoulder, but he sorted himself out to the pace- snuggling up into the warmth of her neck- and enjoyed the ride. She just chuckled softly and mumbled, "Well, aren't you the spoiled little wonder?"

It was around a few minutes later when the golden trio caught up to them, Hermione urging her newly-arrived friend to introduce himself. She caught them out of the corner of her eye, but decided to let them make the first move on who said their introductions.

A quick and sort-of-awkward 'hi' brought her from her thoughts as they continued along. Turning her head, she was met with the eyes of the one and only Harry Potter. She gave him a reassuring 'it's-okay-I'm-friendly' smile and nodded.

"Hi." she started back, holding out her hand in a lively greeting. "You must be Harry Potter, right? I'm Linette, Linette Scamander. But you can call me Nettie."