𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻. an unfamiliar familiar world.

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅, 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒌𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔.

"Bloody hell." she exhaled, slowly feeling life return to her limbs. Whatever had just happened, she never wanted to do again. Ever.

Clenching the briefcase and book tightly in her arms, she relaxed her stance and opened her eyes. Blinking slightly to focus her vision, the young girl took a breath.

Looking around herself, she spotted fields. Everywhere.

Just fields- oh, wait. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught an odd house. It looked severely unstable- she was sure it would collapse at any moment.

"Well, if that isn't the Burrow then I don't know what is."

Nettie's breaths started to even out as she began to remember what her mother had told her. She's a witch. And she's also the only hope to save her reality. No pressure.

Taking a few wobbling steps forward, she held her head up and walked down a suspiciously direct path to the two-story home. Moving the yellow case to her right hand and crossing the arm with her book over her chest, she squared her shoulders and took a deep breath.

The girl watched slowly as the house grew into view, closer, and closer until the door was less than a hundred meters from her. The cold air of the morning fog bit at her lungs as the gravel crunched under her converse.

It began to set into her thoughts that this was real. And she was about to begin to enter an entire world of adventure and magic.

Nettie finally felt like she could breathe.

So as she climbed the wooden steps of the front porch, every word that could possibly explain her situation left her mind. Suddenly her tongue fell to the bottom of her mouth, and her feet were replaced with lead.

The cold nipped at her exposed ears, but she forced herself to keep going. She had to be brave.

And that thought gave her the motivation to knock at the front door. Her hand met the hard oak of the old entryway- and she briefly wondered if anyone was even awake at that time.

The door opened not even a few seconds later- cancelling the girls' thoughts.

Luckily the woman who answered the door was one she recognized from years of obsessing over the movies. The classic Weasley red hair and colorful sweater made her smile slightly, and the woman looked to her with a soft upturn to her lips.

"Hello." Mrs. Weasley greeted, opening the door a bit wider as she became a bit more used to the sudden chill. "How may I help you?"

The words caught in her throat slightly as she panicked, but they then flew back as she kept her composure. Thank god for the ability to think clearly in sticky situations.

"Hi." she smiled, relaxing her composure slightly as she fidgeted, "I'm in need of some assistance for the time being, this might sound peculiar but I'm from twenty-six years in the future, and I don't have the faintest clue where to begin in my journey."

There was a pause as the young girl blinked at the woman, who was now looking at her a bit strangely. Her lips parted in words left unsaid and it seemed that behind her eyes the woman's mind was running at a few hundred miles a minute. Now that Nettie thinks about it, that probably wasn't the best thing to be said.

Before she could excuse herself, a disappointed feeling settling in her gut, the red-head stepped back- opening the door for the young girl with a nod and a shake of her head.