Hope

Notes:

The idea of owlet Luz talking actually came from watching mr pickles season 3

Mr pickles talked to grandpa for the first time I was impressed but was disappointed that it wasn't him really talking, just wearing a device that allowed him to talk
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
A few moments later.

Kikimora yelling at the guards. Fools! You let the owlet escape! And you drew her a map?!? *points to warden* what happened to your arm?

"The owlet ate it before I refused to draw her a map, your grace." Warden cries holding his bleeding body.

Lilith stepping in the room. Worry not, Kikimora, I shall capture the human.

Few more moments later cuts to the carnage Luz put through the Conformitorium, frozen one guard, entangled two in vines and sets one on fire.

______________________

Scene changes to Luz running into the room where Eda is being held*

Luz asks the small demon. King, watch the door.

King: Wah.

Luz walked into the dark dungeon. Eda! Eda!

Beast Eda: *chases after Luz, then sees her holding up a light orb, and slowly calms down*

Luz: Eda, wait! It's me! It's me...

Beast Eda: Luz? Oh no, oh no no no no no wh- what are you doing here?

Luz: Relax your not going to eat me.

Beast eda confesses. I never wanted to eat you, I lied so I could send you away and give you a better life.

Luz places a fire glyph on the chains restraining Eda absorb Luz's fire magic. But, It's okay Eda, I'm here to save you!

Beast Eda gasps in worry. "Your magic isn't strong enough for this, you need to leave! I can't have you getting killed like you're father! Leave Now!"

Luz protests. But, dads alive in a stone statue, I want to free him but I can't and It's my fault you needed to save me, it's my fault you got captured.

Beast Eda cracks a smile. No kiddo. one day you'll be strong enough to free your father , but right now you need to listen to me. I'm here because of my own actions. Me and your father went against Belos's law, and for a while we was able to get away with it. But, ah me without magic, I can't do much. I don't regret anything. I lived freely, raised a family and I got to meet you again.

Luz: Eda...

Beast Eda begs. "But if you stay here, I won't be able to protect you. You need to leave!"

Luz cries out. "But we're a family! Us weirdos stick together, remember?"

Beast Eda reached in her hair and hands Luz the portal to the Human world, opening the door. "You have a family already. Go back to them. And when you're home, use your fire magic to destroy the portal door. I dont know why the Emperor wants it, but we can't take any chances."

Luz hugs eda. "I love you, Mother."

Beast Eda returned the hug. "I love you too, kiddo."

Ceiling Door opens and begins to bring Eda up to the surface*
Beast Eda: Luz, get away!

Luz shifts to owlet form and tries to climb the platform. No! Not yet!

Beast Eda watching the last moments of seeing her kid. "I'm sorry. Goodbye Light of my life."