"Ah yes. The mirror. Do you know what this mirror does boy?"
He had smirked at John's angry twitch.

Boy?

"This allows me to see what I desire~ I see myself holding the stone! But how do I get it?!"

"~Use the boy~"

John and Harry flinched at the raspy sound.
The fuck?.....Where did it come from?!

The professor nodded in absolute obedience, turning to stretch a hand at the ebony haired boy.

"Come here Potter! Now!"

"Harry doesn't have ta do a bleedin thing ya snake's basket trap!"

The professor passed him a bewildered look at the used insult before demanding again.

"Neither of you have say! Both of you! Get down here now!"

John gritted his teeth, looking to Harry who nodded for compliance.

Not wanting his charge to be too close to the man in purple, John begrudgingly choose to go with him.

As they descended down the steps, Quirrell motioned John to stand aside and Harry to the mirror.

"Now Potter, what do you see?"

From his bench side view, the mage observed the kid scrutinize his face.

The bruising, dust and cuts open for him to see.

Now John didn't have a mirror himself, but he could feel the familiar stings and pulls on his eyebrow and chin.
He was rockin the same boat Harry was.

He curled his hands closely, feeling the cuts and scrapes tug.

Harry's face opened with surprise before he clamped it down back to neutral.

A hand closing tightly by his pocket.

"What?! What is it?! What do you see?!"

Harry blinked as his mind raced for some half-assed story that even Malfoy could tell was fabricated.
Poor kid needed to learn how to lie.

"I-I see myself...w-with Dumbledore! We're shaking hands! Th-there's a grin on my face-we've won the House Cup!"

Tough luck with that one; John wasn't keeping track or anything-but he was sure that the Gryffindors were dead last.

Quirrell didn't seemed to take the spoon fed bullshit either.
If they got out of there relatively alright-the first thing John needed to show Harry was how to be believable.

"TELL ME THE TRUTH BOY! WHAT DO YOU SEE?!"

Harry flinched at the tone, the fright in the 11 year old starting to show through.

Goddamn it-he was a kid!

"I-I-it IS the truth!"

"~He lies! Let me speak to him.~"

Quirrell blinked at the command.
"M-master are you sure?! Yo-you are not strong enough!-"

"-I have strength enough, for this.~"

The professor nodded, turning to the mirror fully as Harry stepped back towards John.

Pale hands reached up to his dark turban, uncoiling the silk with a slow pace.
Hesitant almost....