The blonde sighed.

He was at the dorm's couch again, flicking this lighter open and closed.

Call it a habit or a nervous tick-but it helped with his thought process.

Tonight he was going to be patrolling around the halls.

He dampened his bottom lip absentmindedly, the only noise in the room was the constant clicking from the lid.

It couldn't've been any later than 9 or 10 at night.
John needed to make the most of the next following hours, the sun had begun to rise up earlier as spring rolled into summer.

The mage closed his eyes with a concentrated sigh, willing himself to be prepared for anything.

Something in his gut told him that tonight was going to be important.

The lighter flicked closed and to a stop.
Brown irises opened with flare.

Pocketing the lighter, John threw on his coat and made his way to the doors.

Let's get this show on the road-

"You're seriously not going out again are you?"

The detective froze mid-step, a sense of deja vu overcoming him at the familiar voice.

".....uh....ha haha ha...........no?"

Malfoy scowled.

But something was different.

He wasn't alone this time.

"I must know Constantine, what are you planning to gain by losing our house more points? Needlessly venturing out like a bullheaded Gryffindor for Merlin's sake!"

Merlin?

What as in a replacement for God?
The hell was wrong with these people?

"Well Malfoy, I'm afraid that the information is a bit disclosed to those not included."
He shrugged, knowingly irking the students.
"A shame mate, I know, but truly it's better if ya lads had no idea of what's lurkin round the school's dark halls and corners."

With a lopsided grin, John watched as the blonde's two usual lackeys expressed confusion before scoffing it off like it was a game.

Well unfortunately it bloody wasn't.

Malfoy frowned, seemingly to contemplate over his words.

"Whatever your issue is, if you take one step towards that door, consequences will follow."

John couldn't help the eyebrow that rose.

"What are you gonna do Malfoy?"

Fine. He'd play that game.

"Tell Snape? Bite at my heels until I give up? Or maybe God for bid-gang up on a little bloke like me a second time around?"

The Slytherin students narrowed their eyes at the demeaning tone he carried.

He made it seem like they were going to hurt their fellow housemate.

Was that how he felt when they tried talking to him last time?
When they were trying to save their house's very reputation?!
That they were going to pummel another snake for not doing what they asked?
They were kids. What the hell was he expecting them to do?

The arrogant blonde had the nerve to roll up his sleeves, peering over at a nonexistent watch over a wrist.

"Look mate, it's been a pleasure as always-but I need to go take care of some business."

"Yes Constantine, tell us of this business of yours? How important are these little charades of yours that you endanger not only yourself, but the representation of your house night after night! This isn't the first time a student of any year has seen you sneak away and do who knows what!-"

"-and what about you Malfoy? You've followed me once or twice! How many times have you and your groupies committed this hypocrisy?!"

Arguing.
Fighting.
Deceiving and misleading.

Magic wasn't John Constantine's true talent.

True, his natural ability to the art is what started his whole hellish journey in the first place, but this was what made John Constantine a feared combatant.

He lies.
He cheats.
And when he speaks the truth he makes damn sure that it hurts.

That-this was what he was good at.

The boy scowled and sneered freely, openly showing frustration that was usually shut behind a closed and cool expression as he walked down the steps.

"I don't understand you Constantine!"
The boys making quick pace across the room, the lead increasing his voice unintentionally with each step forward.
"You lack any care of any and all boundaries set! Not any standard set by those around us, not your peer's-certainly not your house's!"

The group was infront of him now, the blonde's voice calming down with the closeness.
"Besides the obvious characteristics, it honestly makes me wonder how you were sorted into Slytherin!"

The boy panted, oblivious of his companies startled glances.

Or perhaps he just ignored them.

John stared at the kid with no expression available to trace.

The kid was passionate.
He'd give him that.

And fuckin stubborn as hell.

As much fun as talking with the child sounded-John really needed to leave.
The pits of his gut growing deeper with a honed intuition.

"Draco."

The blonde looked startled at the use of his first name.

"You don't need ta understand mate-"

With a flick of his wrist, a shimmer of light passed over the three, creating a helpless feeling of exhaustion.

They didn't jump when one of them dropped, falling into the deepest sleep they've ever experienced in their short lived lives.

".......wha?.......whaht di....did you....doo?....."

John couldn't help but feel a little guilty.

-even while they were good for nothing brats who cared for their own reputation more than another person-

They were kids.
Kids who were more than likely told to think that way by their also good for nothing excuses for parents.

The mage quickly dragged each one to the furniture, the cold hard floor would do all sorts of harm to their backs and postures.

He look back at the spellbound students.

He'll probably get into all sorts of trouble just by casting a spell over another person.

But it wasn't like he had much choice.

With a halfhearted sigh, the damned man slipped through the doors without a glance behind him.