"No. Daryl and Bella are" Carl said scowling at Escobar "she's good with a gun too and knives" he said squinting his eyes at him.

The man sat looking studying our faces before giving us a big grin, "I'm Rio" he smirked "and you'll be seeing a lot more of me"

•~•~•~•

ISABELLÁ

"Here" the girl came rushing in handing me the a cardboard box. She sat down on the edge of my bed next to me.

I looked down at the box noticing that it was a box of Hello Kitty band aids.
I couldn't help but feel a smile tug on my cheeks. Despite everything, I still had someone.

"For your cheek, it's bleeding again" she said giving me a small smile.

I hadn't even noticed. I quickly brought my hand up to my cheek feeling the blood with my finger tips.

"Here" she said holding a cloth. She reached up to my face gently dabbing up before taking the box off me and applying a band aid to my cheek.

"Thank you" I said quietly giving her a smile. "What's your name?"

"Mika Rose Samuels" she said giving me a smile.

"Wow! Such a pretty name. It's a pleasure to meet you Mika" I said giving her a big smile.

"What's your name?"

"Isabellà Valentina Torres" I said giving her my full name like she did with me.

"You name is really pretty too" she said grinning "Do you think we can be friends?"

"Of course we can"

"Friends don't lie to each other do they?" She said frowning a little.

"No?" I said as if it was a question. Even though she was 8, I knew she had a point to this.

"Then why did you lie to me? I heard that nasty man shouting at you last night" she said looking a little sad.

I had no idea how to respond. I couldn't try and justify his decisions, I couldn't teach her that this was normal. I couldn't lie to her because she was clearly smarter than that. But I couldn't let her tell anyone as I knew I would suffer... and maybe she would.

"We was just arguing, everyone argues" I said softly "he didn't do this to me. It was my own fault"

"You promise me?" She asked her eyes looking up at me glistening.

She was too pure and gentle for this world. I needed to help her win at this life. But how could I do that when I was losing?

"I promise" I said giving her a weak smile.

•~•~•~•

DARYL

A week later

"I'm worried about her" Carol said sitting down next to me on the stairs up to the upper cells.

"Why?" I grumbled "she's obviously happy with him"