Siren Song

"I almost caught this spoon." Ethan muttered as we played video games.

His phone began to ring and Ethan picked it up. "Phone." Benny said, annoyed.

"Hello?" Ethan answered.

"Who is it?" Benny asked.

"Rory says he's gonna "drop some beats" at the open mic tonight. Do you wanna go?" Ethan explained and Benny laughed. "He says there's a really hot girl going up first."

"Does she have one of those wicked, awesome, flying 'V' guitars?" Benny asked quickly.

"No." Ethan said simply.

"I'm out. Sounds emo." Benny stated.

"I'm going next week." I added.

"Sorry, Rory." Ethan apologized and hung up.

~~~

"She destroyed the audience! I tried to destroy the paramedics when they showed up, but they asked me to be quiet while they worked." Rory explained the next day at school.

"So the entire football team is in the hospital? No wonder there's so much free room in the hallway." Ethan smiled.

"Yeah. Luxurious, and wedgie-free!" Benny walked out into the middle of the hallway.

"If she can work a crowd like that, she's gonna own the talent show this week." Rory stated.

Benny scoffed. "You're assuming the judges will have any unblown minds after they see my fruit juggling." Benny pulled three apples out of his locker. He began to juggle them, but they disappeared into the air.

"Focus, Benny." I reminded him.

"Well, it's either going to be me, or (Y/n)'s singing." Benny looked at me.

"I told you, I'm probably not even going to do tryouts. You know how nervous I get." I pointed out.

"You're a natural! How can you be scared? You've played your trumpet in front of other people before." Benny argued.

"Because I know how to play it without getting nervous. My singing is weak and untuned." I compared.

"You've got this. I've heard you sing before." Ethan turned me around. "When you were cleaning the doors off the walls from the tornado twins?"

I blushed. I didn't even know he heard me. "You've got this."

"Thanks, honey." I kissed him quickly.

I heard singing and I turned, seeing two guys fight each other as an emo walked by.

"Did she just tell those two guys to fight each other?" Ethan asked in disbelief. I noticed Benny and Rory were gone.

"Ugh! Why won't people fight over me when I tell them to? I gotta figure out that vampire mind control." Erica sighed.

"Do you mean glamouring? Cause I doubt-"

"Ethan. Do my homework." Erica said, her eyes glowing yellow.

"Erica..." Ethan said, entranced and I grew concerned.

"Yeah?" she questioned.

"No." Ethan said, making me giggle.

"Can you kiss me?" I pouted as my eyes glowed yellow.

Ethan smiled, kissing me lovingly but pulling away after a second. "You didn't need to try that, sweetheart."

"I knew you would do it anyways." I teased.