Welcome Back Dusker

I crawled into my bedroom window, looking at my bracelet. Three taps. I tapped three times back. I looked at my room covered in dust. Two taps. Don't reply for no. Four taps. Four taps back.

"Grandma, I'm going to Ethan's!" Benny called in front of my closed door.

"Okay." Grandma faintly replied.

I crawled out of my room through my window and landed on the ground swiftly. I walked onto the sidewalk and sped over to Ethan's. Surprisingly, Benny was already there. I could hear him shouting from Ethan's window.

I flew up to the window and hid against the wall.

"Any word from (Y/n)?" Benny asked.

"She's been talking, but not literally." Ethan paused.

"Video games?" Benny suggested.

Ethan hummed in agreement and I heard the console turn on.

I flew down with a sigh. Why was I nervous? This was my own brother. Sure, I looked different. My hair was longer, definitely, with highlights in them. I had stolen Ethan's jacket from my room. My shirt was royal purple with long sleeves, and I had leggings on with my high heel combat boots.

Three taps. Three taps back. Two taps, pause, three taps. Come back, I miss you. Three taps again.

I decided to go to the front door and knocked. Jane beamed when she saw me. I smiled back as she pulled me into the house. She closed the door and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist as she hugged me.

"Hi, Jane." I smiled.

"I missed you so much!" Jane squealed.

"You've definitely grown an inch." I giggled.

"Two." Jane corrected me proudly.

"Jane?" Sarah called. "Who's at the door?"

She walked into the foyer and smiled at me. She hugged me from the side as Jane continued to hold onto me. Jane eventually let go of me and Sarah hugged me fully.

"We missed you so much." Sarah pulled away from me.

Four taps. "I missed you too." I smiled.

Sarah laughed. "Go see your boyfriend and your brother. Those two only talk about you these days."

I nodded and walked up the stairs. I heard them talking through the door.

"She didn't respond?" Benny asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I'm worried." Ethan confirmed.

I opened the door quietly. They were fiddling with the buttons on the controller, and I heard the noises that came from the console. Ethan looked at his bracelet and tapped it four times. I placed my bracelet against the wooden doorframe.

My bracelet vibrated four times, rattling the wood and making the boys stop. Benny slowly turned off the monitor to try and see who was behind him.

"I don't appear in reflections anymore, Benny." I reminded him.

Benny got up and rushed toward me, hugging me tightly. I took a deep breath after a moment and hugged him back, smiling.

~~~

Ethan had a tighter grip than Benny as he hugged me.

"I'm so sorry." he whispered.

I pulled away, kissing his cheek quickly. "It's okay. I would put your life over mine any day."

"What happened? Did you find Jesse and make him pay for turning you into a vampire?" Benny started the questioning.

"I'm fine." I assured them. "I have some challenges, but I've accepted it. So, let's just move on, okay?"