Harry looked to John, who himself was transfixed on the writing at the very top.
He could read that?

John frowned sadly.

"Sorry mate.......your parents ain't there......I've seen this kinda thing before."
He shook his head at the mirror.
"A test of the heart, this is."

The blonde then rubbed the back of his neck.
"Unfortunately all this thing'll do is torment ya......sometimes remindin ya of somethin that just can't happen."

The Slytherin student was quite sober in saying this....and if Harry was entirely honest, quite tired as well....

Had John lost someone as well?

Harry felt a bit akin to the other after the thought, there were a few things that Harry felt John related to.

John was potentially a half-blood, just like Harry was.

He was just as lost in wizarding topics as Harry was at times, making Harry think he grew up outside it as well.
While Hermione grew up with muggle parents, she reads so much into things that Harry felt like the only one out of the three to be left behind.

And now there was the possibility that John had lost someone close to him too, feeling the same pains Harry did.

This was the first time Harry felt that he related to someone else since getting here.

"We should probably get goin Harry."

Harry blinked.

Oh.

He had gotten lost in thought.....right... perhaps they probably should......

He just nodded in response, picking up the cloak from off the floor and back over the two.

John couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, but the kid must've had a little sense that the mirror was bullshit right?

You couldn't bring back the dead.

And even if you could, it's better off deciding against it anyways.....

John rubbed his eyes harshly.

He needed coffee.

Especially if the kids were coming back later, he didn't particularly feel like having pissy fights with kids like Malfoy over his attitude.
God forbid really.

       ————————————————

Dumbledore sighed.

He knew they went to see the mirror.
Both of them.

He knew that one wasn't truthful to him when they talked and decided, against his better judgment, in against pressing the issue.

He will move it.

He didn't need the children breaking their hearts over the device.

Where would he place it?

Perhaps on the third floor somewhere?
That location should keep it safe and out of the sight.

———————————————

Severus paced.

The floor in front of his desk surely burnt by now by the teacher's constant back and forth.

He was up to something-to steal the stone no doubt........but when?!

He would've shaken the answers out from him if Filch hadn't interrupted!

Not only did the professor not getting any further in his investigation-but the lurking student other night hadn't been found either!

Hopeless.
Every single one of them.

——————————————

The day passed rather quickly.

Soon enough as the sun lowered, the hall's population rose once more.

The break was short but welcomed by teachers and students alike, a much needed pause on the school life.

The quiet that John had come to prefer was quickly corrected-his dorm filling up to its normal capacity of students.

Oh how he missed it already.

I've come with a proposal-

2 posts a day-5 days a week.
1 post over the weekends(Sat).