"What you wear sure isn't ladylike..." Dra—Blake trailed and stared at everything but my face.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Hey! My eyes are up here!"

"I'm sorry, it's like gravity, my eyes are attracted to the biggest objects in the room," Blake chuckled and smiled, his cocky smile.

"You're an ass!" If I had had a napkin on my legs this would have been the time where I would have taken it and threw it on his face, leaving the table fuming.

"Well do I want to see your ass..."

I slapped my hand on the table, but didn't make him jump in the slightest or even erase the smirk off his face for a millisecond. "Enough with the pick-up lines! They aren't getting you anywhere!"

And that's the moment when I saw my mom. It was only a brief relief when I realized what I was really looking at. My mom and a man. A man that wasn't my dad.

I gasped.

Blake turned around and followed my eyes. "Is that your date? Well isn't he the gentleman, bringing his other girlfriend along with him," he snorted, looking really pleased with himself.

I would have answered, I would have insulted him but I couldn't. My eyes were filling up with tears. Of course. I should have known she would do something like that...

"Hey don't worry. The girl isn't even as half pretty as you are," Blake added and his voice was almost kind.

"That's not my date. That's my mom..." I whispered.

Blake looked at me with wide eyes and looked back at the two of them, holding hands and murmuring something to each other.

"And that's clearly not your dad... Jeez, what is he? Fifteen?"

"I don't know...I don't want to know... I have to get out of here," I answered in a rush and got up trying to find a way to get as far away from here as possible.

Of course, my mom saw me, waved and walked towards me.

Oh God no! I don't want to do this.

My eyes brimmed with tears.

Of course, my mother didn't notice that. No, her eyes automatically fixed on my dress and I heard her gasp. "Lexi," she almost groaned and her voice was filled with anger.

Again, I couldn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything to her and her stupid boyfriend who was looking at me like I was some kind of freak show.

Blake's voice was what got me of my almost trance state. "Hi, you must be Lexi's mom. I'm really, really, deeply sorry but we have to go," he informed my mother, his voice strained and almost sad.

I honestly didn't understand what he was doing. I probably looked as confused as my mother.

"And you are," my mother asked him rudely.

"Blake Eaton. I'm sorry we just got back from the exhibit at the new art gallery and then I got a call from my mom and my brother got in a car accident and I really have to go and I don't think I can drive there..." and his voice broke. Jeez he was good. "...so Lexi offered to drive me but she said we had to stop by and tell you. I'm really sorry about this..."

This guy should consider an acting career. Plus, with the way he looked, anyone would want him in their movie.

"But we were supposed to talk," my mother pressed, her eyes narrowing.

Hmm... I think this is where I should be talking. Talk Lexi. "Sorry, but this is really an emergency..." I managed to choke.

This obviously didn't please my mother. "Now you listen to me. You sit down and talk with us. Your boyfriend can drive himself on his own," she ordered me. The look she gave Blake when she said "boyfriend" was priceless—just the perfect amount of disgust. If I hadn't been so in shock and mad at her I could have enjoyed it.