Chapter 27

I woke up about five minutes before my alarm clock started to shout its beep beeps. For one second I actually thought that the whole Blake-calling-at-two-in-the-morning deal had just been a dream. But I turned on my phone and sure thing, when I looked at my text messages everything was there.

Asshole!

That had better not become a freaking habit of his.

I needed my sleep. Do not mess with my sleep!

I shut down my alarm clock before it rang and then dragged my feet to Ty's room.

He was snoring lightly, lying on his stomach, holding his pillow in his hands, when I opened the door. I walked up to him, and gave a flick to his ear.

"Jesus fucking Christ," Ty shouted, surprised, raising his head.

"Time to wake up Sunshine," I said with an evil grin and then took the covers of his bed.

"I swear Lexi, do not pull the covers off of me! I will kill you," Ty threatened, letting himself fall back on his pillow.

"Drama Queen," I laughed and threw myself on the empty side of his double bed, settling in it.

"School sucks," Ty mumbled.

"I know," I answered him.

"Major cocks," he kept going.

"Alright, that was unnecessary," I trailed, closing my eyes.

"And it swallows," Ty snorted

"Okay, that was just too much info," I scowled a little.

"No messes in this house," he still added, laughing lightly.

"Just shut up Ty," I whined, and slapped his back.

"I'll shut up if you scratch my back," Ty mumbled.

"You tricky little prick," I snorted but still scratched his back, just like when we were younger and he would cry because Mom wasn't there, working or something, and I would come in his room and comfort him.

My sweet little brother...

"You know if we both ditch school we could cover for each other. I can do a pretty decent impersonation of Dad's voice. I'm sure we could come up with something. We both ate bad fish," Ty mumbled, while I scratched his back.

"That sounds oddly tempting, but we need to go to school Ty," I trailed.

"Why?" he snorted beside me.

"Because you need to go to school in order to learn."

"Bullshit! School is a waste of time," Ty groaned.

"Ty! You shouldn't complain about having the chance of getting an education," I told him, and kept scratching.

"I hate it when you play the poor-kids-in-a-third-world-country card," he whined.

"Well, I hate it when you complain like a two-year-old in their no phase," I answered playfully.

"Whatever," he mumbled and then I stopped scratching and turned on my side settling in the bed.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing? Keep scratching," Ty ordered me.

I rolled my eyes, but listened to him.

And then, I think at one point I stopped again, and we both fell back asleep because Dad was at the door, laughing.

"Time to wake up, Sleepy Heads. Chop, chop," he said, and Ty and I both groaned. "You got twenty-five minutes."