Chapter 28

The second the bell rang I picked up my bag and left, without a glance back, but obviously, Blake had other plans.

"Lexi! Stop right there," he said behind me, but I just kept walking towards the staircase.

I was not stopping. I was not listening to him and I was not talking to him.

I hated him.

I quickened my pace to get away from him.

But of course, Blake was fast, pretty fast, and he caught up with me and then grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around.

"I'm going to ask again. What's wrong?" Blake asked me, his eyes boring into mine.

He was close to me, too close.

And he smelled good, too good. It reminded me of something. But I shrugged it off, pushed it all away.

Blake was an ass. And utter ass!

"You have to ask? You have to fucking ask what's wrong?" I yelled, and Blake looked shocked.

"If this is because of the naked at your window deal, I'm sorry I won't do it, but I really was having an argument."

"Shut up! Just shut up! You know perfectly why I'm mad at you, you freaking manwhore who can't keep it in his pants for two freaking seconds!"

"You're losing me Grayson," Blake said, still holding my wrist, still undeniably close to me.

"You had to go tell Pumpernickel. You had to make me lose my job, my job that I loved, because I freaking let you play hide the pickle in the filthy seminars. You just had to make my life more like shit. You just have to piss me off all the fucking time," I yelled in his face.

"What the hell are you talking about? I didn't do anything! And I certainly didn't have sex with anyone in the seminar," Blake replied.

By now, some people had stopped walking and were staring at us, but I didn't give a shit.

"Oh, go to hell. Who else would have told Mrs Pumperfukingnickel? And even if it wasn't you it's still your fucking fault," I screamed back.

"For your information I didn't go see anyone about anything. When are you going to stop judging me all the time? You don't know anything," Blake yelled and there was something about the way his eyes looked at me, almost like he was in pain.

But he was still an ass!

So, I got ready to scream back at him, but he just let go of my wrist and stormed away.

"Where the hell do you think you're going? I'm not done yelling at you," I screamed after him.

But Blake didn't turn around. He just ran down the stairs.

That pompous prick!

What the hell did he think he was doing? He wanted to talk? I would fracking talk. I would scream at him until the entire school knew how much of an ass he was.

I ran after him, but then something seemed to catch his attention, because he turned where the principal office was and walked in the waiting hall.

Oh hell. If he thought the principal would save his ass the boy was wrong. I could cut his balls right there for all I cared.

I ran and then stopped dead in my tracks.

Tyler was sitting on a chair, like he was waiting to go in.

"...didn't think you'd get back as fast," Ty laughed, talking with Blake and then they both turned around and looked at me.

Blake was scowling. Ty looked guilty.

"What the hell did you do Ty?" I asked my eyes widening.

Damn it to hell. Like I needed more drama right now.

"Oh well, you know, Ipunchedaguyintheface, the usual," Ty mumbled.

"What did you say?" I hissed.

"Look, that dude in English was being a dick. He was saying very crude things, so I did what any gentleman would do and I punched him," Ty said, looking straight in my eyes.

Oh crap. Oh crap, crap, crap.

"Tyler, what the hell were you thinking? You could get expelled. You know it's a zero-violence policy here," I told him, and the fact that I was already angry really didn't help my cause, and his of course.

"Don't you think I already know that?" Ty hissed back, but then turned his eyes to look over at Blake, and I did too because he was walking towards the principal office.

"Hey what are you doing?" Ty asked frowning, but Blake didn't listen and just walked in closing the door behind him.

"What the hell does he think he's doing?" I asked, shocked.

"I don't know, but what the hell was going on before he walked in? Because he looked pissed, but depress, mostly depress," Ty asked me, frowning, while I sat beside him, waiting for Blake to get out I guess.

"He got me fired from the library. Well, he said he didn't do it, but still it's his fault because he did get it on in there and that's the reason I'm fired," I trailed scowling again.

That ass!

"Come on, give the guy a break. You're having fun with him. And since you two started to hang out, you stopped crying at night," Ty trailed, not looking at me, a little guilty about admitting this fact.

I just started at him wide eyed.

"You... you heard that? You knew?" I mumbled, unable to form a coherent thought.

He had heard my crying, for the last two months?

"You're my sister. I care about you, you know," Ty whispered and then wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

And I don't know why, but my eyes teared up while I leaned my head against his shoulder. What would I have been without that little overreacting idiot? I really had no clue.

"You know you're in big trouble Tyler Grayson," I said, after swallowing back the tears.

"Yeah," Ty groaned, letting go of me, rolling his eyes.

"What's he doing in there?" I mumbled, talking about Blake, staring intently at the door, like I could have x-ray vision doing so. "Getting us both suspended from school?" I snorted.

And as I said those words the door opened.

"Thanks Mister Fields," Blake said and then closed the door behind him, looking at Ty and completely ignoring me.

"You can go, I took care of it," Blake told him and then walked away.

"Thanks man," Ty yelled after him in glee at the same time I said, "what?"

But Blake didn't listen, he just kept walking away.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going!? We're not done here," I called after him, and then he finally stopped, and looked at me.

"Oh, we're done. I'm finally doing what you've wanted all along. Don't worry, I won't bother you again," Blake said, his voice low, and his eyes... his eyes, god they looked so sad, they actually hurt me.

And then he turned around and walked away, leaving me there, completely paralyzed and utterly shocked.

____________

Hello my lil Pumpkins! I hope everyone is doing fine. This is a bad chapter for our Blakey-Boy so let's just collectively pat him on the back. Things will get better from now on. ;P

If you have any questions you'd like me to answer, you can leave them here. 

Otherwise, I'll do the live reading for this chapter on Sunday April 25th, at 12PM EST (one hour later than usual, I'm trying out other times) at my instagram at instagram.com/kaygiard.

I'll also be doing a live on Friday April 30th at 8PM EST with my friend that's the inspiration behind Daphnee. She'll join me during the live and you'll be able to ask her questions, and it should be quite amusing. :P

In the meantime, thanks for being here, and see you guys on Sunday!