15: Crash and Burn

I don't know what it is that you've done to me

But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way

Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing

It's a feeling that I don't understand...

SWV, Weak

==================================

Ren couldn't take his eyes off the girl in blue. She's sitting a few tables apart from them, but every move she made caught his attention.

Honestly, none of the words from the group he's sitting with retained in his mind. He just smiled as if he understood the conversation but sneaked glimpses in her direction. Kyoko really put an effort to socialize even though it was obvious in her gestures the awkwardness of being those people she's talking with. He smiled inwardly as he drank the champagne in his hands. This girl will go places! Ren remembered how depressed her voice was on the phone when she told him that she failed the audition. At first, he regretted the insensitive remark at her and thought she might give up the entertainment. To his surprise, Andrew told him that Kyoko got the role after the second audition. This girl just couldn't accept defeat and would always do everything to get what she wanted. Her persistence moved him. It was more entertaining than entertainment itself. He was hoping that he could watch how would things unfold for her until the end, especially in her career.

As he was secretly observing her from the distance, he noticed her odd movements. Unsteadily, Kyoko seemed in a rush and strode to the corner part of the hall.  He knew that she sipped a lot of her drink. Worried that there's something wrong with her, he excused himself to the group and silently followed her.

The tracks of her led him outside the ladies' restroom. He cautiously waited in the corridor and avoid unnecessary attention until she showed up. As soon as she stepped out of the restroom, he saw obvious signs of being intoxicated all over her face. She was definitely swaying when she walked out. When she bumped into him and looked up, there was a long pause as if she was trying to figure out who he was. And when she did recognize him, she suddenly burst up.

"Ren!" Her little fingers kept pointing at him. "You can't bully me like this! You can't do whatever you like just because.... because a lot of girls like you! You... you said you will be always by my side, b-but where were you? You see! I got the role! But you're..." Kyoko pushed him hard as if she had all of the hatred in the world. "You're busy with your dating rumors!"

He did not know exactly what she was talking about, but he saw huge frustrations in her eyes. Worried that someone could hear her in such a scandalous manner, he surveyed the hall and, when he was sure that there was no one around, he dragged her back inside the restroom and immediately locked the door.

"Why did you drink so much? You can't even handle it!" He was having a hard time keeping Kyoko from standing. "Can you stand still?" He tried to lean her at the wall, but her continuous venting made her cling to him. He just held her tightly and tried to get his phone from his suit. He immediately dialed Wenxi's number.

As soon as Wenxi answered the call, he asked her to go to the restroom they were in to help him in the situation. While waiting, he tried to console and keep her voice down as she was continuously babbling things out.

When Wenxi came inside, she looked at them with a shocked face. "What's going on?! Who is she?"

Honestly, he didn't know how to answer her. Before he could make any excuse, Kyoko burst up once again.