12: Deja vu?

I want to run towards you,

even if I don't know where it leads me

This world that's surrounding me,

it makes me move...

노리플라이 - Unfinished Song

===================================

"What happened?" His heart chattered the moment Ren saw her broke down.

Only incoherent mumbles were heard from Kyoko while choking on her continuous sobbing.

What could have happened? He knew that they had a rough encounter earlier, but he didn't miss the sweet smile she had this afternoon. The smile that almost melted whatever loathing he had for her after he saw the music video. Honestly, he didn't know why he reacted like that, but when he saw the same guy he deleted the pictures on her phone, it annoyed him too much. And now, the grief in her eyes made him regret the unknown burst he had earlier.

Ren led her inside and let her sit on the couch. Her continuous crying caused him to panic. He saw lots of women crying, especially when doing emotional scenes, but looking at her state was contagious enough to stir the desire to protect the girl in front of him.

He reached for her cheeks to wipe away the tears, but a familiar sensation suddenly jogged his memory. Flashes of fainted images made him jump out of the blue.

The hair falling...

The eyes shining...

The tender gaze...

In an instant, he closed his eyes. He honestly forbade himself to recall the dream he had ever since he saw her lying on the couch that morning. But the feels came out straight like a deja vu. It startled him for a moment. He knew that he had to get away from her before that damn dream comes real.

"I'll ask Cindy to take you home." When he was about to reach his phone, a sudden grab of his hand stopped him.

"Please..." The grief on her face was replaced by desperation. "What's bad about me? Do you really hate me that much?" Her anguish filled the room. "Believe me! I didn't plan it! When Ava gave that feature, I didn't have any idea that it's for James! I called you about this, and you said I shouldn't mind what people might think. So I did!"

Ah, so that's what that was! When he got the call that day, he was surprised. Funny, he was the one who pushed her to accept the feature.

Ren felt her hand clung tighter to his arm as she was desperately begging, "Believe me! I am now in love with acting. I admit that I almost screwed the shoot because of my silliness but your words got me through it. I know you might not believe me but I wasn't even thinking about him when I did the scenes!"

Did the way he acts hurt her that much? Ren felt guilty about the way he overreacted and was deeply troubled as to why he felt that way in the first place. Worried by the anxiousness in her voice, he shushed her babblings. "I believe you."

It somewhat calmed her down, "Really?"

He couldn't help but gently pat her head. He was moved by the innocence of her dewy eyes. When his eyes fell into hers, their gazes locked as if both of them were exploring the depths of their being.

Fortunately, something rang loudly and saved Ren from the growing desire to reach for her more. He tried to find the source of the ringing, but it was not his phone. It was from Kyoko's bag. It was ringing and ringing, yet she didn't seem bothered by it.