6: Her Pride and His Prejudice

"If you find a raw diamond, wanting it to become polished is natural right?"

Kuu Hizuri, Skip Beat!

================================

The hall was filled with chattering noises from the trainees waiting for their classes. Everyone had their own stories and was excited to show off. To some, it could be their cameos in films, and to others --- if they were lucky enough --- their endorsements.

Despite the loud chuckles coming from the next table, Kyoko tried to focus on studying the paper in hand for the acting activity she was assigned for later. Her spot was the best right now to be alone to concentrate. Yes, she was serious about taking these acting classes. If she knew that acting appeals to her, she would pursue it long before.

Besides, this opportunity comes once in a blue moon. As time passed by, she found out that some of the trainees here paid for their acting classes before getting a contract. Good thing that she was referred to the management and agreed to have her for free. She must owe Evelyn a lot with this favor. Honestly, she did not know what specifics that film production saw from her. Is she that good? Or they just felt sorry for what happened? If it was the latter, this arrangement was too much. They already paid for her medical bills and gave her allowances for the week she was disabled. But since it was freely given, who was she to turn it down? She would just prove to them that she was worthy to be here and try to create a miracle in three months. Crossed fingers.

The classes would start in thirty minutes, and she felt ready for it. It was her third time reviewing the prompts.

She was on the last page when she felt someone's presence near her. She turned at once and saw Jazz, staring at the paper in front of her. He was her co-trainee within the same group, who initially scouted to be a member of a boy group, but decided to shift into acting. She found a few friends she could rely on in this industry, and one of them was Jazz. "What's up?"

"Just reviewing the activity. Did you just come here?"

"Yeah!" He placed his bag on the other side and sit. "The shoot was finished early, so I decided to attend the class."

She just nodded in return. Jazz was actually fortunate. He already appeared in two series and was set up for a bigger project. Indeed, he was one of the promising talents in their group.

Suddenly, the chattering noises were replaced by murmurs and gasps. She could hear everyone's inaudible whisper and curiously looked at Jazz. He just shrugged and looked around to see what's going on. When he saw the cause of it, he gestured at her back. "It's senior Ren."

As soon as Kyoko heard the name, she immediately turned around. Was she thrilled to see him? She didn't know. It's been a month since she last saw him, and the out of town shooting must be finished around this time.

She must be imagining things when she thought Ren looked in their direction and met her eyes. But in her disappointment, it was just brief as he turned to the woman beside him and continued what they were talking about. In such fleeting time, Ren, with his companion, passed through the hall and headed towards the managers' quarter. The room was now filled with silent squeals from girls who couldn't believe they just saw Ren.

She saw Jazz sniggered and seized the papers in her hand. She smiled suggestively at him, "Looks like you are not a fan?"

"Well, I'm not a fan of him, but I wish I could have at least half of the same support he has from his fans. I want to have fans do charity works for me."